Tickets for U.S. Men's National Team World Cup Qualifiers in Columbus and Kansas City on Sale in July
The U.S. MNT Will Face Jamaica on September 11 in Columbus, Ohio, and Guatemala on October 16 in Kansas City, Kan.
The MNT takes on Jamaica at 8 p.m. ET on September 11 at Crew Stadium in Columbus, Ohio, and concludes the Semifinal Round of FIFA World Cup qualifying by facing Guatemala at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan., on October 16 at 6 p.m. CT.
For the game in Columbus, tickets go on sale to the general public Tuesday, July 17, at 10 a.m. ET through ussoccer.com, by calling 1-800-745-3000, at all central Ohio Ticketmaster ticket centers (including Kroger stores) and the Crew Stadium ticket office (open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
For the match in Kansas City, tickets go on sale to the general public the following Tuesday, July 24, at 10 a.m. CT through ussoccer.com, by calling 1-800-745-3000, at all Ticketmaster ticket centers throughout the Kansas City area (including Hen House Markets) and the LIVESTRONG Sporting Park ticket office (open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.).
Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available for both games exclusively through ussoccer.com.
As a sponsor of U.S. Soccer, Visa® is pleased to offer all Visa cardholders access to an advance ticket sale for these matches before the sale to the general public. This advance sale starts at ussoccer.com for the game in Columbus on Friday, July 13, at 10 a.m. ET and runs until Tuesday, July 17, at 8 a.m. ET. For the match in Kansas City, the sale begins at ussoccer.com on Friday, July 20, at 10 a.m. CT and runs until Tuesday, July 24, at 8 a.m. CT. Visa will be the only payment method accepted through the Visa presale and is the preferred card of U.S. Soccer. Terms and conditions apply.
The U.S. currently leads Group A with four points, ahead of Jamaica based on goal differential. Semifinal Round action resumes Sept. 7, with the United States facing Jamaica at “The Office” in Kingston.
U.S. MNT in Columbus:
- The U.S. holds an unbeaten 5-0-3 record lifetime at Columbus Crew Stadium dating back to 2000
- Columbus Crew Stadium has hosted six World Cup qualifiers, with the USA collecting four wins and two draws.
- The U.S. has surrendered only one goal in eight matches in Columbus, outscoring opponents 12-1 in that span.
- Columbus was the site of the last USA-Jamaica meeting in World Cup qualifying, a 1-1 draw on Nov. 17, 2004, in the final match of the semifinal phase.
- The stadium has hosted the USA's home qualifier against Mexico in the Final Round for the last three consecutive World Cup qualifying cycles, with the United States collecting identical 2-0 scorelines in 2001, 2005 and 2009.
U.S. MNT in Kansas City:
- The U.S. is making its second appearance in the state of Kansas and second at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park.
- The team played the first international in the newly minted stadium during the 2011 Gold Cup, with the U.S. winning 1-0 against Guadeloupe on June 14, 2011.
- The U.S. has played once in Kansas City, Mo. - a FIFA World Cup qualifying win against Costa Rica on April 25, 2001, when Josh Wolff scored the lone goal before a crowd of 37,319 fans.
Guatemala, Jamaica, Antigua & Barbuda, and the United States make up Group A. Each opponent meets twice, once at home and once away, in round robin play. The top two teams from each of three groups will advance to the Final Round of qualifying, which will take place in 2013. Three teams will automatically qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, while the fourth place team will play in a two-leg playoff against the winner of the Oceania region.