Think you know your U.S. Soccer trivia? Well... try us. We'll see how far back your knowledge of Team USA and U.S. Soccer extends. And who the heck is Jack Marshall? Even the trivia buffs in the U.S. Soccer Communications Department would be hard pressed to tell you that one Jack Marshall received his one and only cap way back in 1926. Okay, that was pretty much impossible. They get easier. We give you four questions each month, 1 to 4, easy to hard.
But hold it right there. Due to the overwhelmingly favorable response to last month's quartet of softies about MLS, we've decided to give you some easy ones about the WUSA, which just began its second season last month. But enough of the taking it easy on the masses - in June it's back to some tricky World Cup trivia, so study up!
Q1 (Difficulty level 1 of 4): Which team won the first ever WUSA Founders Cup last year?
Q2 (1 of 4): Which team does U.S. Women's National Team legend Mia Hamm play for?
Q3 (2 of 4): How many females serve as head coach in the WUSA?
Q4 (2 of 4): Which two teams play their home matches on a synthetic surface rather than natural grass?
(scroll down for answers)
A1: San Jose CyberRays, who were then called the Bay Area CyberRays (not a trick question).
A2: Washington (D.C.) Freedom.
A3: One. Carolina Courage head coach Marcia McDermott is the only female head coach out of eight teams in the league.
A4: Boston Breakers and Philadelphia Charge.
Table of Contents
1) Armchair Midfielder (The U.S. World Cup Roster)
2) Word Association (w/ WNT midfielder Kristine Lilly)
3) Desert Island Discs (w/ U-19 WNT midfielder Jessica Ballweg)
4) Queries and Anecdotes (w/ MNT defender Frankie Hejduk)
5) Big Man on Campus (w/ U-20 MNT goalkeeper Steve Cronin)
6) Superstar!!! (w/ MNT forward Clint Mathis)
7) Mark That Calendar ("Nike Road to Korea" -- May 12, 16 & 19)
8) "You Don't Know Jack (Marshall)" (WUSA trivia)
***HOW'S OUR WRITING?***
We want feedback. No, really. Positive, negative, indifferent--we take all kinds. Reach us at: email@example.com.