The MLS Insider, ESPN The Magazine's Jeff Bradley, returns as the show's beat reporter, offering exclusive news and notes from the fields and front offices of MLS. Known for his popular "Boot Room" column on ESPN.com, Bradley will also write an ExtraTime edition of "Boot Room" for MLSnet.com,available on the league's Web site every Monday prior to the show.
Also joining the ExtraTime team this season is Kansas City Wizards' broadcaster Sean Wheelock, who will handle the play-by-play duties for the condensed format games.
The action-oriented program will show every MLS goal scored during the previous week's action. MLS ExtraTime will air for 13 consecutive weeks leading up to the final show on Sept. 17, when the 2001 regular season comes to a close. ExtraTime will continue to provide exclusive behind the scenes footage and interviews from the locker rooms, along with the top plays of the week. New this season will be an "Up Close and Personal" segment which will take an in depth look at this year's most compelling stories.
%=macroPart|font/arialBLue2=%Week 1 Preview
Tonight the "Up Close and Personal" segment will feature the rebuilding of the Miami Fusion. It will also feature a recap of news and highlights from the first 12 weeks of the MLS season, along with a look at recent World Cup Qualifiers and MLS players in the Youth World Championship. Saturday's match between San Jose and Kansas City will serve as the extended format game this week.
%=macroPart|font/arialBLue2=%2001 ExtraTime Schedule on ESPN2
- Monday, June 25: 11:00 p.m. ET
- Monday, July 2: 11:00 p.m. ET
- Monday, July 9: 10:00 p.m. ET
- Monday, July 16: 11:00 p.m. ET
- Monday, July 23: 11:00 p.m. ET
- Monday, July 30: 11:00 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, August 7: 12:00 a.m. ET
- Tuesday, August 14: 12:00 a.m. ET
- Tuesday, August 21: 1:00 a.m. ET
- Tuesday, August 28: 12:00 a.m. ET
- Monday, September 3: 11:00 p.m. ET
- Monday, September 10: 11:00 p.m. ET
- Monday, September 17: 11:00 p.m. ET