What Do YOU Know?!?
Across the last year of “Center Circle”, we’ve heard from the likes of U.S. head coaches Bruce Arena and April Heinrichs, New York Times best-selling author Jere Longman, and respected soccer broadcasters Andres Cantor and Jack Edwards. But wait—you know what? We want to hear what YOU think about a few things. That’s right – starting with this issue, we want you to e-mail us your thoughts, opinions, etc., on a different topic each month and we’ll print a selection of our favorite responses in the following issue.
Now to the question for October: Which U.S. player will make the biggest mark on the 2002 CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup and in turn, help the USA qualify for the 2003 Women’s World Cup?
Will it be the rejuvenated Ms. Hamm? Will it be powerful newcomer Abby Wambach? Will Briana Scurry re-claim her place in the U.S. nets while shutting out the confederation’s best strikers? Or will it be spry little Tiffeny Milbrett who regains her form of the last two years to punch a ticket to China 2003?
E-mail your well-crafted response to email@example.com, including your full name, age, city of residence and favorite U.S. Soccer player (men’s or women’s, youth or futsal).
[WARNING #1: Anyone that uses the tired and predictable “Jane, you ignorant slut!” line from “Saturday Night Live”, will automatically be disqualified from consideration of being printed in any issue.
WARNING #2: This ain’t no BigSoccer.com, so let’s keep it clean. Ranting and raving is highly encouraged, and biting sarcasm is more than welcome, but let’s keep it clean if you want to see your name in print.]
Table of Contents
1) Armchair Midfielder (The Triple-Edged Sword: Class of 1991 vs. Class of 2002)
2) Word Association (w/ MNT defender Eddie Pope)
3) At the Movies (w/ WNT midfielder Aly Wagner)
4) Queries and Anecdotes (w/ MNT defender Gregg Berhalter)
5) Big Woman on Campus (w/ U-19 WNT defender Keeley Dowling)
6) Superstar!!! (w/ WNT forward Mia Hamm)
7) Mark That Calendar (2002 Nike U.S. Women’s Cup)
8) Point/Counterpoint (What Do YOU Know?!?)
9) "You Don’t Know Jack (Marshall)" (U.S. Open Cup trivia)
***HOW'S OUR WRITING?***
We want feedback. No, really. Positive, negative, indifferent--we take all kinds. Reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.