Recent Men’s National Team call-up and IMG Academy alum Aron Johannsson netted his first goal for Bundesliga side Werder Bremen on Sunday. Scoring a penalty kick in the 39th minute, Johannsson helped his side to a 2-1 win over Borussia Monchengladbach. The American forward, who has made three appearances for Werder Bremen this season, will meet up with fellow Development Academy alums Joe Corona (Nomads SC), DeAndre Yedlin (Crossfire Premier & Seattle Sounders), and Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy) in Washington D.C. when the U.S. MNT takes on Peru on Sept. 4 at RFK Stadium.
Youth National Teams
- U-23 MNT Set for England, Qatar Friendlies: Thirteen players from this roster have ties to the Development Academy: Luis Gil (Pateadores), Ethan Horvath (Real Colorado), Emerson Hyndman (FC Dallas), Benji Joya (De Anza Force), Matt Miazga (New York Red Bulls), Eric Miller (Minnesota Thunder Academy), Boyd Okwuonu (FC Dallas), Shane O'Neill (Colorado Rapids), Marc Pelosi (De Anza Force), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids), Oscar Sorto (LA Galaxy & Pateadores), Zack Steffen (Continental FC DELCO), Wil Trapp (Crew SC Academy).
- U-20 MNT Heads to Czech Republic Tournament: Twenty-two players from this roster have ties to the Development Academy: Amir Bashti (San Jose Earthquakes), Coy Craft (FC Dallas), Kyle Duncan (New York Red Bulls), Collin Fernandez (Chicago Fire), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake-AZ), Christian Hererra (Real Salt Lake-AZ), Nicholas Hinds (Kendall SC), Cameron Lindley (Chicago Fire & Indiana Fire Academy), Andrew Lombard (New York Red Bulls), Christian Lucatero (Houston Dynamo), Victor Mansaray (Seattle Sounders FC), Abuchi Obinwa (Chicago Magic PSG), Christian Onalfo (LA Galaxy), Erik Palmer-Brown (Sporting Kansas City), Pablo Palaez (San Diego Surf), Mauricio Pineda (Chicago Fire), Nash Popovic (Vardar), Emmanuel Sabbi (Chicago Magic PSG), Martin Salas (FC Dallas), Sebastian Saucedo (Real Salt Lake-AZ), Ben Swanson (Crew SC Academy), Justin Vom Steeg (Real So Cal)
Across Major League Soccer
- Tim Parker (Albertson SC) helped the Vancouver Whitecaps earn a new piece of silverware with with a goal in the 53rd minute of a 2-0 win over the Montreal Impact in the Canadian Championship final last Wednesday.
- Conor Doyle (Dallas Texans) scored a 90th minute goal to punctuate a 3-0 victory for D.C. United over Montego Bay and all but secure passage to the knockout rounds of the 2016 CONCACAF Champions League last Tuesday.
- Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids) assisted Kevin Doyle’s game-winning goal in the 79th minute for the Colorado Rapids’ 2-1 victory over Houston Dynamo on Wednesday.
- Diego Fagundez (New England Revolution) scored the game-winning goal against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday. The 20-year-old Fagundez became the youngest player in MLS history to score 25 career goals.
- Wil Trapp (Crew SC Academy) assisted Federico Higuain in the 10th minute off a corner kick in Columbus Crew SC’s 2-1 victory over New York City FC on Saturday.
- Sheanon Williams (FC Bolts Celtic) assisted Ricardo Clark in the 34th minute to help Houston Dynamo in a 2-0 league win over the visiting Vancouver Whitecaps.