Costa Rica vs. USA
November 15, 2016 at 9 p.m. ET
Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Live Broadcast: beIN Sports and NBC Universo
U.S. MNT Starting XI:
4-Michael Bradley (capt.)
Substitutes: 12-Ethan Horvath, 22-William Yarbrough, 2-DeAndre Yedlin, 8-Alan Gordon, 9-Aron Johannsson, 11-Lynden Gooch, 14-Michael Orozco, 15-Steve Birnbaum, 16-Sacha Kljestan, 18-Julian Green, 19-Graham Zusi, 20-Cameron Carter-Vickers
- 10 players have previously played at least one match against Costa Rica, with only 18-year-old Christian Pulisic making his debut against Los Ticos. They combine for a total of 25 international appearances against the Central American nation.
- Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley and Jermaine Jones have four appearances each vs. Los Ticos.
- Seven players have appeared in World Cup Qualifying matches against Costa Rica: Altidore, Bradley, Jones, Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, Brad Guzan and Fabian Johnson.
- Six players have made away World Cup Qualifying appearances in San Jose: Altidore, Bradley, Besler, Gonzalez, Johnson, Jones.
- Six players appeared in the MNT’s 4-0 victory against Costa Rica during the group stage of Copa America Centenario on June 7: Bradley, Brooks, Guzan, Johnson, Jones, Wood
- Three players have previously scored against Costa Rica. Bradley tallied in a 2-2 World Cup Qualifying draw on Oct. 14, 2009, while Jones and Bobby Wood each tallied in this summer’s 4-0 win in Copa America Centenario.
- After entering in the 40th minute of the Mexico match for the injured Tim Howard, Guzan makes his 13th World Cup Qualifying appearance for the U.S. The Middlesbrough goalkeeper has seven clean sheets to go along with his 8-1-2 record in qualifying.
- Earning his 99th career cap for the MNT, Altidore makes his 33rd career World Cup Qualifying appearance, tying him with Howard and DaMarcus Beasley for third on the all-time list.
- Forwards Altidore and Wood have combined for 11 goals in the seven international matches they have started together.
- The USA and Costa Rica have an even 14-14-6 record against each other all-time.
- The MNT is 0-8-1 all-time in World Cup Qualifying on Costa Rican soil.
- Alejandro Bedoya will not dress for the U.S. MNT tonight due to a tight left hamstring.
USA-Costa Rica on ussoccer.com: