- U.S. National Team: MNT
- Position: Defender
- Date Of Birth: March 17, 1980
- Height: 5-11
- Weight: 175
- Hometown: Orange, Calif.
- Club: FC Midtjylland (Denmark)
• Califf captained the side to the 2-0 win against Sweden to open the 2009 campaign, his first time sporting the armband
• Played 90 minutes in the loss to Turkey as well as the 0-0 draw with Cameroon in the 2003 FIFA Confederation Cup
• In 2007, he was named captain of Aalborg BK, leading the team into the UEFA Cup group stage after a massive upset of Italian side Sampdoria
• Finished his AaB career having made more than 50 league appearances for the Danish side in three seasons
• Drafted by the Galaxy in 2000, he captured three championships with the team, including the 2002 MLS Cup, 2001 U.S. Open Cup and 2000 Champions’ Cup titles
• After being traded to San Jose in 2005, he had one of his best years as a professional, being named to the MLS Best XI for the first time
A two-year starter at the University of Maryland … He earned NSCAA Third Team All-America honors at the end of his sophomore season in 1999 … One of four players to start in all 20 games that season … Helped lead the Terrapins to the Final Four in 1998 … Was one of three players to start in all 24 matches … Held opponents to 26 goals in Maryland’s 24 games.
Played in a Galaxy game on his wedding night after marrying his high school sweetheart, Erin, that morning … Enjoys surfing and reading.