- U.S. National Team: U-23 MNT
- Position: Midfielder
- Date Of Birth: April 30, 1987
- Height: 5-9
- Weight: 150
- Hometown: Winter Park, Fla.
- Club: D.C. United
A feisty midfielder who can contribute on both sides of the ball, Dax McCarty enjoyed his best season as a professional in 2010 by playing a key roll for Western Conference champion FC Dallas. After being traded to D.C. United in the offseason, he'll look to be part of that club's rebuilding process while he also seeks more experience with the U.S. Men's National Team.
- Earned his first caps with the U.S. Men’s National team in late 2009, appearing in a friendly at Slovakia on Nov. 14 before notching his second cap four days later against Denmark
- Part of the team that competed at the 2008 Olympics, where he made one appearance in the team's final group game,
- Also a veteran of the 2007 U-20 FIFA World Cup and the U-17 Residency Program
In 2005 as a sophomore, led UNC with eight assists and was named NSCAA second team All-America and First team All-ACC ... As a freshman, played in 21 games in the midfield and made five starts.
Son of Dart and Cynthia McCarty … Mother played tennis at Mercer and father was a Top Gun pilot in the Navy … His brother Dustin also played for the University of North Carolina and was drafted by the Los Angeles Galaxy in 2011.