- U.S. National Team: U-23 MNT
- Position: Midfielder
- Date Of Birth: March 4, 1989
- Height: 5-9
- Weight: 155
- Hometown: Naperville, Ill.
- Previous National Teams: U-15 BNT, U-17 MNT, U-18 MNT, U-20 MNT
- Club: LA Galaxy
Michael Stephens has grown up through the U.S. Soccer youth system, putting in time with every age group between the U-15s and U-23s. Stephens was in the U-17 Residency Program for three semesters and traveled to the 2009 FIFA World Cup with the U-20 MNT before joining the U-23s, though he has yet to debut in that age group. He joined the LA Galaxy in 2010 as a first-round pick in the SuperDraft and won his first MLS Cup with the club in 2011.
- Played in 33 games in all competitions in 2011 for the LA Galaxy, contributing an assist as the team won its third MLS Cup
- Selected in the first round and 16th overall by the Galaxy in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft and started 21 of his 25 regular-season games during his rookie year
- Was in the U-17 Residency Program from Spring 2004 through Fall 2005 and traveled to Egypt with the U-20s for the World Cup