- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Germany 06/02/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Canada 01/29/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Panama 10/15/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Jamaica 10/11/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Mexico 09/10/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Costa Rica 09/06/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina 08/14/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Guatemala 07/05/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Honduras 06/18/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Panama 06/11/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Jamaica 06/07/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Belgium 05/29/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Mexico 03/26/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Costa Rica 03/22/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Honduras 02/06/13
U.S. Men vs. Germany
Castrol Index: Altidore, Dempsey and Jones continue strong play and top the Index as the U.S. Men's National Team defeats Germany 4-3 in Washington, D.C.
On a day celebrating 100 years of U.S. Soccer, the U.S. Men's National Team got a 4-3 win against Germany at RFK Stadium on Sunday afternoon. Even though the German side didn't have their full complement of players, the win still gives the MNT confidence heading into their return to FIFA World Cup Qualifying against on Jamaica Friday night.
Topping the Castrol Index with one goal and one assist was forward Jozy Altidore with 1,088 Index points. He scored on a cross from midfielder Graham Zusi with a one-touch volley into the back of the net. 1,088 is the highest score of the year for any player, the second being 1,020 from defender Matt Besler in the 0-0 draw with Mexico in March. For Altidore, it's the first time he's been in the top 5 of the Castrol Index in a single game this year.
Finishing in second in the Castrol Index for the Germany game with 986 points was midfielder Clint Dempsey. Three of his four shots were on target, and a pair of them found the back of the net. With the two goals, he moves in to second place on the career U.S. scoring list. He now has 3,832 Index points on the year, and has taken the lead from defender Omar Gonzalez by more than 500 points.
Just missing out on second place was midfielder Jermaine Jones, who scored 985 Castrol Index points against Germany. It's the second game in a row he has been in the top three as he scored 575 against Belgium. Jones finished the game with two shots and one assist, on the second Dempsey goal.
There was a significant drop off after Jones. In his first game since the Coppa Italia with Roma, midfielder Michael Bradley finished fourth with 518 Index points. Defender Matt Besler and midfielder Brad Evans came in fifth and sixth with 502 and 499 points, respectively.