- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Guatemala 07/05/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Canada 01/29/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Panama 10/15/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Jamaica 10/11/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Mexico 09/10/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Costa Rica 09/06/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina 08/14/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Honduras 06/18/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Panama 06/11/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Jamaica 06/07/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Germany 06/02/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Belgium 05/29/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Mexico 03/26/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Costa Rica 03/22/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Honduras 02/06/13
U.S. Men vs. Guatemala
Castrol Index: Clarence Goodson, Oguchi Onyewu and Michael Parkhurst Top the Castrol Index in Gold Cup Preparation Game Against Guatemala
The U.S. Men's National Team finished its preparations for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup with an energetic 6-0 victory against Guatemala at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, Calif. The match was the lone international friendly prior to the team taking the field for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup during which it will face Belize, Cuba and Costa Rica in Group C of the regional tournament.
U.S. MNT defender Clarence Goodson topped the Castrol Index following the game against Guatemala with 1618 points. The towering veteran played all 90 minutes and was a key figure in maintaining the clean sheet against Guatemala, helping to keep the attack at bay with zero shots on goal.
Goodson also added to the U.S. attack, scoring the teams' fifth goal with a display of tenacity as he followed through after his first attempt was blocked the goalkeeper and a defender near the goal line. It is the highest score Goodson has received this year on the Castrol Index.
Fellow defenders Oguchi Onyewu and Michael Parkhurst earned second and third place, with 1068 and 928 points, respectively. The duo also played 90 minutes and was integral to maintaining the clean sheet against the Chapines alongside Goodson and DaMarcus Beasley. For both, the game against Guatemala represented their Castrol Index debut, while Beasley, who served as team captain, earned 609 points for sixth place.
Forward Herculez Gomez was the highest-ranked attacking player for the U.S., earning 716 points in 59 minutes played. Gomez was the flint that sparked the U.S. MNT's attack, scoring the first goal in the 42nd minute after which the floodgates opened and the U.S. offense fired on all cylinders. It was Gomez's highest Castrol Index rating by more than 300 points.