Scenarios For USA
In order to secure a first-place finish the six-team CONCACAF hexagonal:
The U.S. has to equal or exceed the number of points that Mexico earns at Trinidad & Tobago, which can be accomplished the following ways:
- A U.S. win (with any Mexico result)
- A Mexico loss (with any U.S. result)
- A U.S. tie with a Mexico tie or loss
Note: If the U.S. loses and Mexico ties, the teams will be even with 19 points, but the U.S. would fall behind on the goal differential tiebreaker and would finish in second-place in the hexagonal.
SCENARIO GENERATOR HOW TO USE:
Below is a scenario generator that can be used to predict the final standings of the Hexagonal table seen here. Home teams are listed first. Enter a score separated with a dash (i.e. 2-3, 1-1, 0-0, 3-0), with the home team score listed first. The table is accurate to the third tiebreaker (goals for).
|Oct. 10||Honduras vs. United States||2-3||Estadio Olimpico; San Pedro Sula, Honduras|
|Oct. 10||Mexico vs. El Salvador||4-1||Estadio Azteca; Mexico City, Mexico|
|Oct. 10||Costa Rica vs. Trinidad & Tobago||4-0||Estadio Ricardo Saprissa; San Jose, Costa Rica|
|Oct. 14||El Salvador vs. Honduras||0-1||San Salvador, El Salvador|
|Oct. 14||Trinidad & Tobago vs. Mexico||2-2||Hasely Crawford Stadium; Port of Spain, Trinidad|
|Oct. 14||United States vs. Costa Rica||2-2||RFK Stadium; Washington, D.C.|
The ranking in each hexagonal is determined as follows:
- greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
- goal difference in all group matches;
- greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
- greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
- goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
- greatest number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
- drawing of lots by the FIFA Organizing Committee.