JERSEY LAUNCH PROMOTION RULES
February 15, 2017 (JERSEY PROMOTION PERIOD)
Summary: The United States Soccer Federation (USSF) will be launching a new jersey on Wednesday February 15, 2017. As part of the launch U.S. Soccer will be giving away three of the new jerseys on various social media platforms.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Jersey Launch Promotion is open to all residents 13 years of age or older living in the United States, excluding those who are employees of the USSF, members of their respective immediate families and those domiciled with said families. This Jersey Promotion is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Promotion is sponsored by the USSF (the "Sponsor”). No purchase necessary.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Jersey Launch Promotion in one (1) of the following two (2) ways: by Twitter or Instagram. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person, per Twitter or Instagram account. Additional entries beyond the specified limit will be void.
- Instagram: To enter any Sweepstakes via Instagram, you must have a valid, public (i.e. not “protected”) Instagram account and follow the applicable Official Instagram Account. To sign up for a free Instagram account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Instagram account at https://help.instagram.com/182492381886913. To become a U.S. Soccer follower on Instagram, visit https://www.instagram.com/since1913/. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible. To submit an entry, you must follow “Since1913”, “like” the official Sweepstakes post and “tag” three additional users in a comment on the same post within the stated time allotment.
3. THE PRIZE: There will be three (1) U.S Soccer new red jerseys awarded.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded, may not be substituted for cash value, assigned, transferred or sold. U.S. Soccer reserves the right to substitute prizes with prizes of approximate equal value and reserve the right to terminate or withdraw this Promotion at any time, without prior notice.
4. SELECTION PROCESS: On or about February 16, 2017, three (3) eligible entries will be selected by random draw by U.S. Soccer. The odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received on or before the last day of the Promotion Period. The winner will be notified by e-mail within approximately two (2) weeks of the drawing date. If he/she cannot or does not comply with the Jersey Launch Promotion Rules, the winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected at the discretion of U.S. Soccer. Winners must complete, execute and return as requested an Affidavit of Eligibility, and if requested and where lawful a Liability Release and a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of notification. Failure to return documents timely may result in disqualification. Prizes will be awarded within four to six (4-6) weeks after receipt of executed documents confirming eligibility requirements.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: USSF reserves the right to prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize, if, in the sole discretion of USSF they determine that the entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or USSF’s representatives. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH THIS JERSEY LAUNCH PROMOTION WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. If, for any reason, the Jersey Launch Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, for reasons such as tampering or infection by computer virus, or other events beyond the control of USSF, USSF at their sole discretion, reserve the right to cancel, modify, and/or suspend the Promotion or conduct the drawing from all salvageable eligible entries received, if any. All entrants acknowledge and agree that the information that they provide may be kept and used, without further consent or compensation, for USSF’s general marketing and advertising purposes. USSF reserves the right to disqualify any participant failing to comply with these Official Rules.
All federal, state, and local laws and regulations are applicable. This Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Illinois. All taxes, and incidental expenses if any, are the sole responsibility of each winner. Return of a prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification. Except where prohibited by law, a person’s entry and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for USSF to use, without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation online (unless prohibited by law) such winner’s name, city and state, e-mail address, biographical information, voice, likeness, photo, and statements. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the USSF and will not be returned. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who submitted a winning entry, the owner of the e-mail account may be deemed the entrant, at USSF’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with the rules. Void where prohibited by law.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: All entries become the property of USSF who assume no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected or delayed, or for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, or misdirected e-mail, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connection, or failed or delayed computer transmission which may limit a user’s ability to participate. This Promotion is subject to these Official Rules that will be accessible from the Web Site during the Promotion Period. By entering the Promotion, entrants release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against USSF, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents and agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules of the Promotion. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of USSF, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
Each participant and winner releases and agrees to hold harmless the USSF, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any kind of liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any Promotion activity or participation.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the USSF are not responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of participation in the Promotion, regardless of the cause of action under which such damages are sought.
7. WINNERS LIST: The full names of winners will be available on or about December 31, 2017. A list of winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
MNT Open Training Promotion
c/o U.S. Soccer Communications
1801 South Prairie
Chicago, IL 60616