The B Course focuses on the principles of long-term player development and developing a team.
In order to be considered for the U.S. Soccer B course, all applicants must meet the following pre-requisites:
- At least 18 years of age
- Have held a U.S. Soccer C license for at least 12 months
- -OR- meet the waiver guidelines
- Have 3 or more years of coaching experience (any level)
- Currently coaching
- Currently working in appropriate soccer environment for the course content
- -OR- have the opportunity to work with a team of the appropriate level for the course content in order to complete the assignments (internship, etc.)
The B Course requires a comprehensive application from all interested candidates. The application must be submitted through the Digital Coaching Center.
For the U.S. Soccer B course, candidates will be expected to complete their assignments while working with a team playing the 11v11 game.
Course StructureThe B course consists of three course meetings separated by two development periods. The total course duration is approximately 4-5 months.
Tasks of the Coach
- Coaching Training Sessions
- Coaching Games
- Leading Players
- Leading the Team
- Managing a Performance Environment
Digital Coaching Center
The U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC), is a state-of-the art online educational platform. The DCC allows coaches to create a personal profile, register for courses, communicate with technical staff, take part in online courses, create session plans with an online graphics tool, access an archive of U.S. Soccer training sessions and much more.
The DCC will be used for applications, registration, payment, assignments, communication and collaboration throughout the course.
Other frequently asked questions and answers can be found here.Waiver Guidelines
Applicants who hold certain foreign licenses or have a minimum amount of professional playing experience may be considered eligible without holding the U.S. Soccer C License.
- UEFA B License or higher (or similar)
- Applicant has five (5) years coaching experience, at any level, AND five-(5) years playing experience with a Senior National Team and/or five-(5) years playing experience on a FIFA recognized “1st Division” professional team. Official proof of playing and coaching experience must be provided via letterhead from the affiliated clubs, leagues, or organizations.