ITC Request Process
Any player over the age of 18 who has been previously registered to a club in another country cannot be registered to an affiliated club in the United States until U.S. Soccer has received an International Transfer Certificate (ITC) from the player's former association.
In order to initiate this process, the player should follow these steps:
- Complete the ITC Request Form (click here to download).
- Please note the request will not be processed unless the entire document is fully completed and signed by the player.
- Forward the form to the State Association/League and U.S. Soccer Federation.
Upon receipt of the completed form, U.S. Soccer will request the player's ITC from the national association with which the player was most recently registered. Once a response is received, U.S. Soccer will notify the State Association/League immediately via e-mail.
Per FIFA regulations, the foreign association has up to 30 days from the date the ITC was formally requested to respond, after which U.S. Soccer can issue a Provisional ITC to allow the player to be registered immediately.
If a player holds professional status and wishes to register as an amateur with an amateur club in the U.S., the player will be need to go through the amateur reinstatement process before that registration can be approved. Per FIFA regulations, a player registered as a professional may not re-register as an amateur until at least 30 days after the player's last match as a professional. The player must also be out of contract at the time of application.In order to complete this process, the player should follow these steps:
- Complete the Amateur Reinstatement Form and credit card authorization form (click here to download).
- Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in subject line – AMATEUR REINSTATEMENT
Once received, if FIFA requirements are met, U.S. Soccer will process the reinstatement and notify the player, club, league, and/or State Association.