Houston Dynamo (MLS) vs. FC Dallas (MLS)
Time/Location: 7:30 p.m. CT at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, Texas
Houston Dynamo Best Finish: Semifinals (2006, 2009)
FC Dallas Best Finish: Champions (1997)
Broadcast: U.S. Soccer YouTube
- This match marks the fourth meeting between the two sides with FC Dallas holding a 2-1-0 edge in the series.
- PREVIOUS MEETINGS: Houston Dynamo 3, FC Dallas 0 (2006 Quarterfinals); FC Dallas 3, Houston Dynamo 0 (2013 Fourth Round); FC Dallas 3, Houston Dynamo 2 (2014 Round of 16)
- Houston arrived in the Quarterfinals thanks to a 4-0 win against San Antonio FC (Fourth Round) and a 3-1 victory against defending champion Sporting KC (Round of 16).
- FC Dallas made it to the Quarterfinals thanks to a 6-5 shootout win following a 2-2 draw against OKC Energy FC before dispatching the Colorado Rapids 2-1 after extra time (Round of 16).
- With three goals, Houston’s Mauro Manotas sits tied for second in the tournament’s Golden Boot race. Manotas and Fire attacker David Accam are the top scorers among teams remaining in the tournament.
- Carlos Lizarazo leads FC Dallas with two goals, both of which came against OKC Energy FC in the Fourth Round.
- A Houston Dynamo win would mark the club’s first Semifinal appearance since 2009, while FC Dallas will hope to return to the Semifinals for the second time in three years.
- The two sides have met twice already in MLS play this year. Houston routed FC Dallas 5-0 at BBVA Compass Stadium on March 12, while the two teams drew 1-1 at Toyota Stadium on June 2.
- The winner will take on the winner of the LA Galaxy/Seattle Sounders FC match in the Semifinals. The host will be determined during Thursday’s Draw, live on U.S. Soccer’s YouTube at 11 a.m. ET.