U.S. Soccer is proud that our fans have demonstrated they are some of the most passionate, knowledgeable and loyal in the world. In an effort to encourage U.S. national team supporters to create a positive, safe and enjoyable environment on game day, U.S. Soccer presents the Respect Campaign.
When the U.S. National Teams compete internationally, the players and coaches are expected to represent their country in a positive manner on and off the field. Regardless of the intensity and physical play that is exhibited by the team, the national teams respect the game, their opponents, the officials as well as fellow fans and local hosts.
Fans are encouraged to do the same. By providing an enthusiastic and positive atmosphere, fans can showcase to the world our love and appreciation for the beautiful game. Please join us in leading the way by following the Fan Code of Conduct to ensure everyone can enjoy the game in a safe and positive environment.
Fan Code of Conduct
U.S. Soccer is committed to providing a positive, safe and enjoyable atmosphere at all U.S. national team events. We want all fans to enjoy the game responsibly. We encourage and expect all fans to:
- Respect players, officials and other fans
- Be loud, enthusiastic and supportive of the teams
- Sing and chant in a manner that inspires the teams without belittling their opponents
However, the following fan behavior will not be tolerated:
- Using abusive or foul language
- Engaging in disrespectful or profane chants
- Throwing anything on the field
- Lighting smoke bombs or other incendiary devices
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or drug impairment
- Violating stadium rules