About Shebelieves hero
ABOUT SHEBELIEVES HERO
The sixth annual SheBelieves HeroTM contest will choose a young person between the ages of 13-17 who embodies the SheBelieves spirit. A SheBelieves Hero™ is a leader in their community, a confident and passionate individual who empowers others around them and works to make a difference. The contest will run from Feb. 1 - Feb. 24.
Conceived and developed by U.S. Soccer and the Women’s National Team players, SheBelieves is a movement created to inspire and encourage girls and women of all ages to accomplish their goals and dreams, athletic or otherwise. The campaign was originally launched in the run-up to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup but has since evolved into a special bond between the team and its fans, taking its powerful message of empowerment and that of believing in yourself into communities across the nation. Enter HERE.
The winner of the SheBelieves HeroTM contest will be awarded a trip for two (2) to a future USWNT friendly match and a VIP gameday experience. Complete prize details can be found here.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, submit your entry here starting Tuesday, Feb. 1 at 1 p.m. CT and before 11:59 p.m. CT on Thursday, Feb 24, stating how you or the nominee embody the SheBelieves qualities. (See the complete rules)
- Include the following information about yourself or the nominee: Full name, hometown and age.
- Entries will be evaluated by a panel of U.S. Soccer-affiliated judges and will be narrowed down to five (5) finalists. Entries will be ranked on the following criteria: (a) Passion for empowering and making a difference in her community or elsewhere, (b) Creativity/originality of submission, (c) Consistency of service and lasting impact.
- The five finalists’ entries will be shared on ussoccer.com and U.S. Soccer social media channels to allow the public to vote for their favorite submission.
- The SheBelieves Hero™ Contest is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. residents of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to abide by, and cause your nominee to abide by, the Contest Official Rules. Approximate retail value of the prize is $1,300.
- Votes are limited to one vote per IP address for the Public Voting Period for the Grand Prize.