YNT Mar 18, 2012
While the players get asked loads of questions about soccer, fans are also interested in what their lives are like off the field. How do they spend their time away from soccer? What kind of music are they into? What are the latest apps on their phones?
Throughout the Olympic Qualifying Tournament, we'll be sharing some of those details from the players through a series of Top Five lists. We start with Houston Dynamo defender Kofie Sarkodie, who is one of the most avid book readers on the team. We asked Kofi to list his top five books, and here's what he had to say:
Top Five Books
- Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)- "This was the book that initially sent me off on a reading spree. After I finished it, I had to pick up all the Dan Brown books."
- The Alchemist (Paulo Coehlo) - "Overall a great book that deals with and captures the philosophy of self."
- The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini) - "Just read it."
- It's Not About The Bike (Lance Armstrong) - "A real inspirational book for me that deals with overcoming adversity and having perseverance. I think it's a good book for any athlete to read."
- Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) - "A good friend recommended it to me, and I just started knocking out the trilogy. It has a good story line and is a pretty easy read."
Currently on Kofi's nightstand - A book about Jose Mourinho