Week 9 Recap
Week 9’s midweek game was marked by attacking play, as Miami FC journeyed to Puerto Rico to take on the Islanders in a Wednesday night matchup. An exciting second half saw six goals scored, with Puerto Rico earning the 4-2 victory. Friday, June 4, presented an inter-conference battle between the Rochester Rhinos and NSC Minnesota Stars, but the two mid-table teams played to a 0-0 draw. The weekend saw the Austin Aztex playing host to the Puerto Rico Islanders in the only Saturday night match, with the Aztex improving their first place standing in the USL Conference with a 2-1 victory. Sunday afternoon held a trio of games, with the Montreal Impact playing host to Miami FC in an NASL Conference battle. A 1-1 draw meant they shared the spoils, while Vancouver Whitecaps FC increased their NASL Conference lead with a 1-0 victory against the Tampa Bay Rowdies. The Portland Timbers were looking at a 1-0 shutout win to close out the weekend, but a 90th minute goal by Daniel Palidini earned the Carolina RailHawks a draw to keep them only three points shy of Vancouver at the top of the conference.
Week 9 Results
|June 2||Puerto Rico Islanders 4, Miami FC 2||8:05 p.m.||Estadio Juan Ramon Loubriel; Bayamon, Puerto Rico|
|June 4||Rochester Rhinos 0, NSC Minnesota Stars 0||7:30 p.m.||Marina Auto Stadium; Rochester, N.Y.|
|June 5||Austin Aztex 2, Puerto Rico Islanders 1||8:30 p.m.||House Park; Austin, Texas|
|June 6||Montreal Impact 1, Miami FC 1||2 p.m.||Stade Saputo; Montreal, Quebec|
|June 6||Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1, Tampa Bay Rowdies 0||7 p.m.||Swangard Stadium; Burnaby, British Columbia|
|June 6||Portland Timbers 1, Carolina RailHawks 1||9 p.m.||PGE Park; Portland, Ore.|
Week 9 Quick Hits
- With the loss to Vancouver, the Tampa Bay Rowdies snapped a three-game win streak and seven-game unbeaten streak. Their last loss came in their second game of the season away to Minnesota.
- Eddie Johnson (14) and Jamie Watson (11) of the Austin Aztex now occupy the No. 2 and No. 3 spots on the individual scoring chart behind Ryan Pore (18) of the Portland Timbers.
- Montreal and Crystal Palace Baltimore are the only two teams that have not received a red card after nine weeks of play.
Week 10 Preview
Week 10 will see games on only two nights, but both Wednesday and Saturday evenings will feature full schedules. At 7:30 p.m. ET on June 9, Miami FC plays host to Crystal Palace Baltimore, while the Montreal Impact visit the NSC Minnesota Stars at 8 p.m. ET. At House Park, the Austin Aztex receive the Portland Timbers at 8:30 p.m., and the late game for those on the east coast is a battle for top of the NASL Conference between the Vancouver Whitecaps and Carolina RailHawks. That match will kick off at 10:30 p.m. ET. Saturday, June 12 brings five night games to the lineup. The Tampa Bay Rowdies play host to the Montreal Impact and Crystal Palace Baltimore travels up to the Rochester Rhinos with both matches kicking off at 7:00 p.m. ET. Miami FC will continue their home stand by taking on the Portland Timbers at 7:30 p.m. ET, while AC St. Louis heads down to the Caribbean to face the Puerto Rico Islanders at 8:05 p.m. ET. Closing out the night will be Vancouver Whitecaps FC heading to Texas to take on the Austin Aztex in a matchup of conference leaders at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Week 10 Schedule
|June 9||Miami FC vs. Crystal Palace Baltimore||7:30 p.m.||Lockhart Stadium; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.|
|June 9||NSC Minnesota Stars vs. Montreal Impact||8 p.m.||National Sports Center; Blaine, Minn.|
|June 9||Austin Aztex vs. Portland Timbers||8:30 p.m.||House Park; Austin, Texas|
|June 9||Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Carolina RailHawks||10:30 p.m.||Swangard Stadium; Burnaby, British Columbia|
|June 12||Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Montreal Impact||7 p.m.||George M. Steinbrenner Field; Tampa, Fla.|
|June 12||Rochester Rhinos vs. Crystal Palace Baltimore||7 p.m.||Marina Auto Stadium; Rochester, N.Y.|
|June 12||Miami FC Blues vs. Portland Timbers||7:30 p.m.||Lockhart Stadium; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.|
|June 12||Puerto Rico Islanders vs. AC St. Louis||8:05 p.m.||Estadio Juan Ramon Loubriel; Bayamon, Puerto Rico|
|June 12||Austin Aztex vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC||8:30 p.m.||House Park; Austin, Texas|
Week 10 Notes
- Six of the twelve USSF D-2 Pro League teams will play twice during Week 10.
- The Puerto Rico Islanders will be starting a three-game home stand at Estadio Juan Ramon Loubriel with their match against AC St. Louis.
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC will start a four-game road trip when they travel to Austin on June 12 that will include matches in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada.
- Full Schedule and League Standings
- Individual Player Stats Leaders
- Goalkeeping Stats Leaders
- Team Stats