Former New York Red Bulls Academy forward Juan Agudelo tallied the game-winning goal in the 78th minute and assisted another as he led FC Utrecht to a 2-1 victory against Vitesse this past Saturday.
The man-of-the-match performance capped off Agudelo’s loan to the Dutch side. Along with the winner, the 21-year-old also assisted Steve De Ridder’s tally in the 40th minute.
Agudelo, on loan from Stoke City, had three goals for Utrecht since joining the club in January.
Garcia Debuts: FC Dallas homegrown midfielder Danny Garcia made his MLS debut, as well as first start, during the team’s 1-0 loss to the New York Red Bulls on Sunday. Garcia played for 75 minutes in the central midfield, and the squad was forced to play down a man when Je-Vaughn Watson was issued a red card in the 10th minute. Garcia became the team’s 11th homegrown signing in June of last year, officially signing just before the start of the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey.
- FC Dallas: Danny Garcia Reflects on ‘Emotional’ MLS Debut
- mlssoccer.com: Danny Garcia Given Keys to FC Dallas Offense
Hyndman Assists in FA Youth Cup: Former Dallas Texans and FC Dallas Academy player Emerson Hyndman assisted a Patrick Roberts goal for Fulham, but Chelsea earned a 5-3 victory and 7-6 aggregate win to capture The FA Youth Cup Final on Monday at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea won the Youth Cup final for the second time in three years, while Fulham still is in search of its first Youth Cup title.
- Former Crew Soccer Academy Wolves forward Nermin Crnkic scored a goal for Znojmo en route to a 4-1 victory against Liberec. His 58th-minute tally kept the Czech Republic team on the positive side of the relegation zone.
- Marlon Hairston , formerly of IMG Academy, made his first MLS start with the Colorado Rapids during the team’s 1-0 victory against the LA Galaxy on Saturday. Hairston logged 54 minutes before Charles Eloundou entered the match. (Colorado Rapids video: Marlon Hairston)
- St. Louis Scott Gallagher Missouri product Will Bruin scored a goal in first-half stoppage time as the Houston Dynamo earned a 4-1 road victory against Chivas USA on Saturday at StubHub Center. Buinn leads the Dynamo with five goals in nine games.
- Former Texas Rush and Lonestar SC forward Kekuta Manneh had a goal and assist as Vancouver Whitecaps FC notched its third victory of the season, a 3-2 win against the San Jose Earthquakes at BC Place in Vancouver. (Vancouver Whitecaps FC video: Kekuta Manneh)