MNT May 25, 2016
Lineup Notes: MNT vs. Bolivia
#USAvBOL Starting Lineup Notes
- 4-3-3 (right to left): Brad Guzan; Michael Orozco, Geoff Cameron, John Brooks, Matt Besler; Alejandro Bedoya, Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones; Gyasi Zardes, Clint Dempsey, Bobby Wood
- This is the third game in seven days for the MNT, having defeated Puerto Rico on May 22 in Bayamon and Ecuador on May 25 in Frisco
- The MNT deploys the same 4-3-3 formation utilized in the 1-0 win against Ecuador
- Brad Guzan – who recorded the shutout against Ecuador – and John Brooks are the only two players to start in all three of the USA’s friendlies in advance of Copa America Centenario
- Bobby Wood notched the game-winning assist against Ecuador after he nodded down a loose ball onto the chest of goalscorer Darlington Nagbe
- Michael Bradley and Gyaysi Zardes have both played in five of six MNT games in 2016, tied for the team lead
- Matt Besler began his professional career as a left back for Sporting Kansas City under then-head coach Curt Onalfo
- Geoff Cameron returns after sitting out the last two games while nursing a sore hamstring
- Michael Orozco scored in the 3-2 win against Iceland in the opening game of the year. He has appeared four times in 2016, coming in as right back three days against Ecuador.
- Despite being included on the Copa America Centenario roster, Edgar Castillo and Ethan Horvath are not with the team tonight. Castillo and Monterrey are set to take on Pachuca in the second leg of the Liga MX Final tomorrow and Horvath played for Molde FK in the Eliteserien (Norway) earlier today. William Yarbrough is on the bench tonight in his place.