CHICAGO (Oct. 10, 2016) – The U.S. Women’s National Team will play Romania twice in November, opening the two-game set at Avaya Stadium in San Jose, California, on Thursday, Nov. 10 (7 p.m. PT on ESPN2) before traveling down the coast for a second match on Sunday, Nov. 13 at the StubHub Center in Carson (6:30 p.m. PT on FS1).
The matches will conclude the 2016 schedule for the U.S. Women, who have gone 18-0-3 so far this year.
Tickets for the both games will go on sale on to the public Friday, Oct. 14, at 10 a.m. PT through ussoccer.com, including group orders of 20 tickets or more.
Tickets for the match in San Jose can also be purchased by phone at 1-800-745-3000, and at all Ticketmaster ticket centers throughout the Bay Area (including many Walmart locations). [Note: Tickets are not sold at Avaya Stadium except on the day of the event.]
Tickets for the game in the Los Angeles area can also be purchased by phone at 1-888-929-7849 and at the StubHub Center ticket office (open Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available for both games exclusively through ussoccer.com.
The two friendlies will mark the first matches between the USA and Romania in women’s soccer. Romania, currently 36th in the FIFA rankings, finished second behind France in Group 3 of qualifying for the 2017 UEFA Women’s Euro, earning a spot in the playoffs for the final berth to the 16-nation tournament being held in the Netherlands.
Portugal will host Romania in the first leg on Oct. 21 at Lisbon's Estádio do Restelo before the return match four days later in Cluj. Romania barely missed out on being one of the six best group runners-up, and thus qualifying directly for the final tournament. Russia edged Romania for the sixth spot by just one more goal scored.
- The matches against Romania mark the 51st different country the U.S. Women have played in their history.
- The match in Northern California will mark the USA’s eighth visit to San Jose, but just the second visit to Avaya Stadium, home of the San Jose Earthquakes. The USA’s previous six matches in San Jose were all at historic Spartan Stadium.
- The USA last played at Avaya Stadium on Mother’s Day in 2015, a 3-0 win vs. the Republic of Ireland.
- The U.S. Women have never lost in San Jose, going 7-0-0 while scoring 28 goals and allowing just one.
- The U.S. Women have played 21 matches in Southern California, 11 of them at the StubHub Center, where the team has gone 11-0-0, scoring 42 goals and allowing just four. The most recent match was a 5-1 win vs. Mexico on May 17, 2015.