USA vs. Jamaica
Feb. 3, 2016
Live Broadcast: Coverage begins at 7 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMas, UDN
Tonight’s U.S. MNT Starting XI vs. Jamaica (4-1-3-2): 12-Luis Robles; 19-Graham Zusi (capt.), 15-Steve Birnbaum, 21-Walker Zimmerman, 14-Jorge Villafaña; 20-Dax McCarty; 23-Chris Pontius, 10-Benny Feilhaber, 18-Sebastian Lletget; 9-Juan Agudelo, 8-Jordan Morris
Substitutes: 1-Nick Rimando, 22-David Bingham, 2-Greg Garza, 3-Brad Evans, 4-Michael Bradley, 5-Chad Marshall, 6-Darlington Nagbe, 7-DaMarcus Beasley, 11-Alejandro Bedoya, 17-Jozy Altidore
- MNT head coach Bruce Arena makes nine changes to his starting XI with right back Graham Zusi and center back Steve Birnbaum as the only holdovers from the lineup that faced Serbia on Sunday.
- Making his 44th international appearance, Zusi captains the MNT for the first time tonight against Jamaica.
- Hailing from nearby Lawrenceville, Ga., Walker Zimmerman earns his first U.S. MNT cap, partnering with Birnbaum in central defense.
- Along with Zimmerman, defender Jorge Villafaña and midfielders Chris Pontius and Sebastian Lletget make their first starts for the MNT after earning their first caps in Sunday’s 0-0 draw vs. Serbia.
- Dax McCarty earns his first MNT appearance since a 1-1 draw with Chile on Jan. 22, 2011.
- Benny Feilhaber makes his first start for the MNT since a 1-0 win vs. Venezuela on Jan. 21, 2012.
- Juan Agudelo gets his first start since the MNT’s 2-1 win against World Cup champions Germany on June 10, 2015, while his forward partner Jordan Morris makes his third career start and first since a 1-0 victory against Canada on Feb. 5, 2016.
- Goalkeeper Luis Robles earns his third cap. The New York Red Bulls back stop last appeared in a 3-2 win against Iceland on Jan. 31, 2016.
- Zusi and Agudelo are the only two players in the starting XI to previously appear against the Reggae Boyz.
- Zusi scored the game-winner against Jamaica in a 2-0 World Cup Qualifying victory on Oct. 11, 2013 in Kansas City.
- Should Michael Bradley make a substitute appearance in the match, it would mark the first time he came off the bench for the MNT since a 1-0 defeat to Ecuador on Oct. 11, 2011.
- With an appearance, Bradley would also move past Marcelo Balboa into sole possession of fifth on the MNT’s all-time caps list with 128.
- Arena managed nine matches against Jamaica in his first stint as MNT head coach, going 4-0-5 against the Reggae Boyz.