USA vs. Bolivia
May 28, 2018
Talen Energy Stadium; Chester, Pa.
Live Broadcast: 6:30 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMas and UDN
Tonight’s U.S. MNT Starting XI vs. Bolivia: 22-Alex Bono; 15-Eric Lichaj (capt.), 4-Walker Zimmerman, 14-Erik Palmer-Brown, 17-Antonee Robinson; 6-Weston McKennie; 11-Tim Weah, 8-Joe Corona, 10-Christian Pulisic, 23-Rubio Rubin; 13-Josh Sargent
Substitutes: 1-Bill Hamid, 2-Matt Olosunde, 3-Matt Miazga, 5-Cameron Carter-Vickers, 9-Andrija Novakovich, 16-Julian Green, 19-Jorge Villafaña, 20-Lynden Gooch, 25-Keaton Parks
- U.S. MNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Joe Corona (21), Christian Pulisic (21), Eric Lichaj (15), Rubio Rubin (6) Walker Zimmerman (3), Weston McKennie (2), Tim Weah (2), Alex Bono (1), Erik Palmer-Brown (1), Antonee Robinson (1), Josh Sargent (1)
- Seven of the starting XI are products of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy: Alex Bono (Empire United), Erik Palmer-Brown (Sporting Kansas City), Weston McKennie (FC Dallas), Rubio Rubin (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (PA Classics), Tim Weah (New York Red Bulls/BW Gottschee), Josh Sargent (St. Louis Scott Gallagher-Missouri)
- The Starting XI’s average cap number (including this match): 6.7 caps
- The Starting XI’s average age: 22 years, 160 days
- Eight starters are 24 and younger: Bono (24); Rubin (22), Palmer-Brown (21), Robinson (20), McKennie, Pulisic (19), Sargent, Weah (18)
- Continuing his rich history in the Philadelphia area, veteran defender Eric Lichaj captains the MNT for the first time tonight. Lichaj made his MNT debut in a 0-0 draw with Colombia at Talen Energy Stadium on Oct. 12, 2010 and scored his first international goal in last year’s 2-0 Gold Cup quarterfinal win against El Salvador on July 19, 2017 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
- Pennsylvania native and 2017 U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year Christian Pulisic makes his first MNT appearance since last October.
- Four players make their MNT debuts tonight: Alex Bono, Erik Palmer-Brown, Antonee Robinson and Josh Sargent
- Five players have represented the USA at a Youth World Cup: Palmer-Brown (2015, 2017 U-20), Pulisic (2015 U-17), Rubin (2015 U-20), Sargent (2017 U-17, U-20), Weah (2017 U-17).
- Born just two days apart, Sargent (Feb. 20) and Weah (Feb. 22) jointly become the first players born in 2000 to earn a start for the MNT. Weah became the first player born in the 2000s to gain a cap for the MNT during the 1-0 win against Paraguay on March 27.
- Walker Zimmerman is the lone player to earn have previously started a match for the MNT in 2018, going the full 90 minutes in the 0-0 draw with Bosnia and Herzegovina on Jan. 28.
- Two more players starting on the bench have the chance to make their MNT debuts tonight: defender Matt Olosunde and midfielder Keaton Parks
- Teams are allowed six substitutions in tonight’s match.
- With both teams dressing 20 players, the scratches from tonight’s squad are: Alejandro Guido (right groin strain) and Ethan Horvath.
- The MNT is 1-2-4 all-time against Bolivia. The teams last met two years ago today, a 4-0 win in Kansas City, Kan., in which Christian Pulisic (17 years, 253 days) became the youngest player to score a goal in the MNT’s modern era.