YNT Identification Centers
YNT Identification Centers are one of the main tactics of Talent Identification. YNT ID Centers are no-cost identification opportunities for U.S. Soccer Talent Identification Managers to evaluate and monitor top talents. U.S. Soccer, in conjunction with local clubs, hosts approximately 100 sessions each year in 25 key markets throughout the country. These invite-only training sessions provide opportunities for scout development, education, and mentoring, and help strengthen connection and collaboration between U.S. Soccer, clubs, and their constituents in local markets.
Talent Identification Managers assess the top players from different clubs and markets in different combinations, cross-referencing top talents across the nation. Each YNT ID Center is conducted with a particular focus to ensure our staff sees the widest variety of talent in different contexts.
Over 5,000 boys and girls aged 13-16 attended U.S. Soccer YNT Identification Centers in 2017-18.
U.S. Soccer YNT Identification Centers are cost-free, single-day player identification opportunities for local top talents with the most potential to train under the direction of U.S. Soccer Talent Identification Managers
U.S. Soccer Talent Identification Managers lead YNT ID Centers to identify and compare the top talent for Youth National Team selection and monitoring
Gender: Boys and Girls
Ages: 13 to 16 years old
Each U.S. Soccer YNT ID Center will feature a specific gender and age group.
Top talents from any team, club or organization are eligible for selection at no cost to the player, upon invitation only.
Players are discovered through two main pathways. Talent Identification Managers lead all selections
- Process of scouting by U.S. Soccer at games and/or events
- Coach or Club Director Recommendation
- Local youth clubs, professional clubs, leagues or state associations provide the facility
- Training Centers are held in both indoor and outdoor venues depending on the time and place
- U.S. Soccer Talent ID staff leads the events with the assistance of host-site staff, the technical may include: Talent ID Managers, U.S. Soccer Scouts, Youth National Team coaches, and local club coaches
- Athletic trainers are present at every YNT ID Center
- Youth and college coaches are welcome to attend and observe YNT ID Centers to further their own development and gain better understanding of the top talent level.
- Like Youth National Team training environments, attendance by parents and non-coach spectators is not permitted unless otherwise specified.