CHICAGO (March 25, 2015) – U.S. Soccer is planning an exciting series of activities to energize fans and display the passion for the sport of soccer in San Antonio, Texas, beginning on April 14, as the U.S. Men’s National Team is set to take on Mexico, Presented by AT&T, on April 15.
U.S. Soccer’s Fan Headquarters in San Antonio is the official pregame party for fans attending the USA vs. Mexico match. FanHQ San Antonio will kick off on April 14, the night before the game, at Sunset Station to celebrate one of the biggest matchups of the year. Space is limited and an RSVP is required for admission to this free event.
FanHQ at Sunset Station
Date: April 14
Time: 7 p.m.-12 a.m. CT
Location: Sunset Station, 1174 E Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78205
Space is Limited, Tickets Required - RSVP Below
Fan HQ San Antonio will continue on April 15, outside the Alamodome in the North Plaza, starting at 3:30 p.m. CT, prior to kickoff of the sold-out USA-Mexico game at 7:30 p.m. CT.
The event will include a wide array of activities, ranging from exhibitions to giveaways and contests, for fans to enjoy and experience ahead of one of the biggest rivalries in soccer. There will also be food and beverages available for purchase, and an on-site official U.S. Soccer store.
Several of the exhibitions that will take place will connect art, fashion and culture to the game of soccer, as well as to the USA-Mexico match itself.
Kicks to the Pitch, an online magazine and live event production company, will bring three exhibitions that together aim to showcase the game in a fresh, unique and cutting edge way to attract tastemakers and trendsetters to the sport. These will include: Stash (a graffiti pioneer); Transhoeformers (turning old sneakers into collectible works of art); and Sneaker Summit alongside SNKSUP (a display of collectible sneakers aiming to unite America through its sneaker culture).
These three innovative exhibitions will each bring something unique and fresh into the event as each aims to tie in their own one-of-a-kind talents with the game of soccer and the match between CONCACAF heavyweights.
Furthermore, U.S. Soccer sponsors will also be on hand for fans to enjoy the festivities while playing games, taking photos and winning prizes.
Finally, TV broadcasters will host their pregame shows outside the Alamodome, as both FOX Sports 1 and Univision will be on-site to prepare the crowd and TV audiences ahead of one of the most anticipated games of the year.
More detailed information of the events taking place can be found below. You can also find detailed information in the USA-MEX match page.
Art and Culture Exhibitions:
- Stash: Stash will paint two wall-sized canvasses inspired by the USA-Mexico match, Presented by AT&T, live at FanHQ. He has also created a custom name and number set available for customization on the new U.S. Men’s Nike Away Jersey. The customized jersey is extremely limited and can only be purchased at ussoccerstore.com or on-site at FanHQ.
- Transhoeformers: At FanHQ, Transhoeformers will display art created from the back of U.S. Soccer’s equipment room. Old boots and balls intended for National Team players that were never used will be given a new life. He has created model robots, vehicles and animals entirely from sneakers and other recycled materials. Transhoeformers’ work is truly one of a kind. His intricate and creative pieces are a masterfully examples of craftsmanship, ingenuity, and sustainability.
- Sneaker Summit and SNKSUP: will exhibit a display of unique and collectable sneakers that connects sneaker culture to soccer in America. Sneaker Summit provides a platform for sneaker enthusiast to celebrate sneaker culture and to buy, sell, trade and discuss rare, vintage, and collectible shoes and apparel, and has grown to be one of the biggest sneaker conventions in the country. SNKSUP provides a showcase for sneaker aficionados and collectors to talk shop and come together to celebrate the thriving sneaker culture in Texas. This event is held annually in San Antonio, TX and attracts sneakerheads from all across the country.
Contests, Displays and Giveaways:
- AT&T: Visit AT&T for the Slo-Mo Photo Op, where fans have the opportunity to showcase their best group goal celebrations and have them turned into a slo-mo video which can then be shared via email/social media. Also, check out the Digital Free Kick game, a fast-pace phone game where fans try to score as many goals as possible in 60 seconds through flicking a ball from a handset into a goal on a monitor. The top scorers are rewarded with great prizes. Fans can also win prizes by taking the “It Can Wait Pledge” to not text and drive and sharing the message on their social channels as well as winning the Speed Kick Challenge, where fans test how hard they can strike a ball on goal.
- Bud Light: Visit Bud Light’s mobile bar to audition for your chance to be a part of the “Up For Whatever” campaign and play FIFA 15 with other fans.
- Chevy: Check out Chevy’s display to see new Chevy vehicles, get your face painted in support of the USA, have your image included into the Men’s National Team Starting XI photo, and take home prizes and giveaway items.
- Continental Tire: The Continental Tire Cornering Performance Challenge allows fans to complete a product information “Challenge” and receive a free Continental Tire scarf (while supplies last). Participants will also be entered to win a U.S. National Team Jersey. Fans can also participate in the Corner Kick Pic; to take a picture against a soccer themed backdrop and retrieve the picture online. Also at Continental Tire’s section, Tic-Tac-Tire, where fans will kick or throw a plush soccer ball into tires to play tic-tac-toe.
- Coppertone: At Coppertone’s tent, fans will be encouraged to demonstrate their soccer skills by kicking a ball through a target. Prizes awarded while supplies last.
- Liberty Mutual: Come pick up your crown at the Liberty Mutual Insurance tent where fans will be given the chance to share their passion in a fun, memorable way by posing for a vintage soccer poster (while supplies last). Posters will be printed on-site and also provided digitally to allow fans the ability to share on their social media.