Terms and Conditions
Although U.S. Soccer may monitor or review user-generated content from time to time, we do not actively monitor such content. Each user is solely responsible and liable for the contents of his or her postings, and U.S. Soccer is not responsible in any way for the content or opinions expressed therein. U.S. Soccer has the right, but not the obligation, to remove, edit or move, at any time, any user-generated material posted on the site, in each case as we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion.
Any information you disclose on the site becomes public information and can be viewed and used by others. Accordingly, exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or other information. Any such disclosures are made at your own risk. You must be at least 13 years old to post content. If you are over 13 years old but have not yet reached the age of majority, you must have your parent’s or guardian’s permissions to post content.
By participating in a community section, you acknowledge that the user-generated content expresses the views of the author, and not of U.S. Soccer, its affiliates, or any other entity, person, representative or agent associated with U.S. Soccer (collectively referred to herein as “U.S. Soccer”). The views expressed in the community sections are not endorsed by U.S. Soccer. You also acknowledge that your use of or reliance on the information posted by other users in the community sections is at your own risk.
- You will not post any copyrighted material unless you have permission of the author to do so.
- You will not use any forum or other community section to post or transmit any message or other material that violates or infringes the rights of any other party, including, without limitation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
- You will not use any forum or other community section to post or transmit any material that is abusive, hateful, racist, bigoted, sexist, harassing, threatening, inflammatory, defamatory, knowingly false, vulgar, obscene, sexually-oriented, profane or is otherwise offensive or in violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- Without the express written consent of U.S. Soccer, you will not use any forum or other community section for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, posting advertisements or solicitations.
- You will not post or transmit any software or computer files that contain a virus, worm or other disruptive or harmful component.
Without limiting any of U.S. Soccer’s other rights or remedies, a violation of any of the above, or any other action which U.S. Soccer, in its sole discretion, deems detrimental to the site, may result in removal of a user’s postings, revocation of registration and/or banning a registrant’s e-mail address.
U.S. Soccer will cooperate fully with law enforcement officials and comply with court orders with respect to any claim or investigation arising from any user’s participation in any of the site’s community sections and any material posted therein, including, without limitation, furnishing such material and information regarding an individual user’s identity.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of and participation in any community section on this site. U.S. Soccer shall not be responsible or liable under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of or in any way related to any community section on this site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold U.S. Soccer harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by U.S. Soccer in connection with or arising out of your participation in any of the community sections on this site and any material posted by you.
You acknowledge that by participating in any community section on this site, you are granting U.S. Soccer the unrestricted right, throughout the world and in perpetuity, to copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, perform, display or otherwise use, at no cost whatsoever to U.S. Soccer, any and all material you post, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights embodied therein.
Effective Date: August 2009