- U.S. National Team: MNT
- Position: Forward
- Date Of Birth: Nov. 6, 1989
- Height: 6-1
- Weight: 175
- Hometown: Boca Raton, Fla.
- Club: AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands)
Equal parts young and experienced, Jozy Altidore is adding seasoning and sophistication to an already physically imposing game. Already in double digits in scoring for the full team, Altidore remains age-eligible for the 2012 Olympic Games. After a high-profile move to Villarreal in Spain’s La Liga, Altidore gained experience on loan spells at Hull City and Bursaspor. He is now a regular with Dutch side AZ Alkmaar.
- Was critical in the U.S.’s march in the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, scoring game-winning goals against Canada and Guadeloupe and earning Man of the Match honors in both games
- Assist on Michael Bradley’s game-tying goal against Slovenia in the 2010 FIFA World Cup voted Best Assist for 2010 Best of U.S. Soccer Awards
- Started all four 2010 World Cup matches, earning ussoccer.com Man of the Match honors in the USA’s 1-0 victory against Algeria
- Finished as the leading scorer for the U.S. in qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup with six goals
- Became the youngest player in U.S. Men’s National Team history to score a hat trick, tallying all three goals in the 3-0 victory in qualifying against Trinidad & Tobago on April 1, 2009, in Nashville
- Part of Peter Nowak's Under-23 side that qualified for the Olympics in Beijing and appeared in all three games at the Olympics, scoring during the 2-2 tie on Aug. 10 against the Netherlands
- Became the first U.S. international to score in Spain's La Liga when he grabbed a goal on Nov. 1, 2008, against Athletic Bilbao
2011: Transferred to AZ Alkmaar on a four-year contract on July 14, 2011, whose sporting director is former U.S. international and 2011 Hall of Fame Inductee Earnie Stewart … Scored five goals in his 17 Eredivisie games in the first half of the season, including a brace in the 4-0 victory against NEC Nijmegan … Scored a goal in his first game with AZ, a 3-1 win against PSV Eindhoven … Made seven appearances in the Europa League, scoring four goals … 2010-11: Loaned to defending Turkish League champion Bursaspor to close out the 2010-11 campaign … Finished the loan spell with 12 appearances and one goal … Scored his first goal for the Turkish side on April 8 … During the first half of the season, appeared in nine matches in all competitions for Villarreal, including four starts in the Europa League … Scored in both legs of the Copa del Rey fourth-round series against Polideportivo Ejido, helping Villarreal to a 3-1 aggregate goals victory …Made one league appearance, entering as a sub on Oct. 31 against Sporting Gijon … 2009-10: Moved to Hull City on loan for the 2009-10 campaign … Started his tenure in fine fashion, coming on the 60 th minute and quickly setting up the game-winner in the 1-0 win on Aug. 22 against Bolton … Followed with the lone goal in the 1-0 victory in the Carling Cup against Southend United three days later … Appearances reached into double digits before the new year … Finished the loan spell at Hull City with 26 league appearances and one goal … 2008-09: Transferred to Villarreal of Spain's La Liga in June of 2008 for an MLS record fee thought to be around the $10 million mark … Debuted for Villarreal as a second half substitute against Deportivo La Coruña on Sept. 14 … Scored his first goal for the club on Nov. 1 when he netted in the 90th minute against Athletic Bilbao … Loaned to second division leaders Xerez in January, but the team’s form and minor toe surgery prevented Altidore from cracking the lineup … 2007: Had a breakout season with the Red Bulls in 2007, scoring nine goals and adding four assists in 15 games in his second season … 2006: Scored the game-winning goal in a 1-0 win against Columbus on Sept. 30, 2006, in just his second professional game … Played every minute (180) of the playoff series against D.C. in 2006, scoring the team’s lone goal of the series on a header in the second match … Finished rookie season with nine appearances and four goals … Drafted in the second round (17th overall) by the MetroStars (now the N.Y. Red Bulls) of Major League Soccer.
A native of Livingston, N.J., he moved to Florida as a child … Born to Haitian parents Joseph and Gisele, whom he lists as personal heroes … Has become very active in helping raise money for relief efforts in Haiti … One of three U.S. players featured on the cover of ESPN the Magazine’s 2010 World Cup Guide … Has one older brother, Janak, and two sisters, Sadia and Lindsay … Sadia played soccer at East Carolina University.