- U.S. National Team: MNT
- Position: Midfielder
- Date Of Birth: July 9, 1990
- Height: 5-10
- Weight: 165
- Hometown: Chula Vista, Calif.
- Previous National Teams: U-23 MNT
- Club: Club Tijuana (Mexico)
Joe Corona made his U.S. U-23 debut on Feb. 29, 2012, during a 2-0 victory against Mexico’s U-23s in Frisco, Texas. Corona started and played the full 90 minutes. Corona plays for Club Tijuana and holds the distinction of netting the team’s first goal when the club was promoted to the Primera Division.
- Scored a game-tying goal for Club Tijuana on July 23, 2011, against Monarcas – the first Primera Division goal in the team’s Primera Division history; Xolos fell, however, by a 2-1 margin
- Joined Club Tijuana’s reserve team following one campaign with San Diego State’s soccer program
- Born in Los Angeles, Calif., to a Mexican father and Salvadoran mother