- U.S. National Team: MNT
- Position: Midfielder
- Date Of Birth: Feb. 28, 1990
- Height: 6-3
- Weight: 180
- Hometown: Bryan, Texas
- Previous National Teams: U-17 MNT, U-18 MNT, U-20 MNT
- Club: Stoke City (England)
Possessing size, speed and agility, Brek Shea is well suited to become a potent attacking threat. The tireless midfielder made a name for himself on an international level with both his fearless runs as he became a regular member of the U.S. team in the second half of 2011, and is expected to play a big role in the USA’s efforts to qualify for the 2012 Olympic Games. After appearing in every playoff match to help FC Dallas reach the 2010 MLS Cup, he enjoyed a breakout season in 2011 that included a series of career highs and lead to a nomination for the MLS Most Valuable Player Award and a spot on the MLS Best XI.
- Credited with his first career assist for the U.S. on the equalizer against Mexico on Aug. 10, 2011
- One of three players to appear in every game in 2011 under Jurgen Klinsmann
- Became the first player born in the 1990s to earn a cap for the U.S. Men's National Team when he started on Oct. 12, 2010, against Colombia
- First called up to camp in 2008 when he was in the squad for the USA's trip to Barbados in the second round of World Cup qualifying
- Represented the United States in both a U-20 and U-17 FIFA World Cup
- Named to the MLS Best XI and nominated for the MLS MVP Award in 2011
2011: Named to the MLS Best XI and was a finalist for league MVP … Made 31 appearances for FC Dallas in the regular season, starting 30 of those … Played the full 90 minutes in 28 games, recording a new career high of 2,647 minutes … Scored 11 goals and added three assists, also new career highs … Closed the year with a training spell at Arsenal in London … 2010: Finished the season with career highs in games played (25), games started (21), goals (5), and minutes (1,797) … Played in all four of FC Dallas' playoff games in its march to 2010 MLS Cup, earning two assists … 2009: Made 19 regular season appearances and earned his first MLS start for FC Dallas on May 23 against the LA Galaxy… Recorded his first professional MLS assist in a game against the San Jose Earthquakes on June 7… 2008: Made his professional and MLS debut at Chivas USA on April 20 as a substitute in the 86th minute …Moved to center back under head coach Schellas Hyndman, where he played the full 90 against Club America on Sept. 7.
The middle of five children, with two older brothers and two younger sisters … Son of Charles and Kirsten … Dad played football at Virginia Tech … Family ancestry is Norwegian … Lists Lil Wayne as his favorite artist … Voted No. 1 in the 2011 “24 Under 24” ranking of MLS players … Enjoys painting.