Werner Fricker Builder Award
About The Award
The Werner Fricker Builder Award is the top honor that can be bestowed upon an individual or individuals by U.S. Soccer. The award is named after the late U.S. Soccer President Werner J. Fricker who was honored posthumously with the inaugural award in 2002, with his son Werner Jr., accepting the award on his behalf.
2014 Werner Fricker Award
2012 Werner Fricker Award
Eligibility CriteriaIn order to be eligible an individual must meet the following criteria.
- Nominees can be an individual or group of individuals who is/are living or deceased.
- Nominees must have dedicated a minimum of 20 years of service to the sport.
- For athletes, playing career can count towards 20 years of service but nominee must have gone on to contribute to the sport in another capacity.
- Nominee's service must stand out and distinguish nominee from others serving in the same capacity.
- Nominee must have created or fostered programs or innovations that will outlast his/her/their own active involvement in the sport.
- Nominee's work has had a demonstrable impact on advancing the sport of soccer at the national level.
The President of U.S. Soccer appoints a selection committee to review the nominations and select a winner. The selection committee appointees are comprised of various representatives of U.S. Soccer and past award winners.
The nomination and consideration process takes place annually. The nomination process is open to all. A maximum of one award will be given each year; however the committee is not required to give the award annually. More Info