After three consecutive years of appearing in only one match per U.S. MNT campaign, Diskerud’s playmaking and attacking abilities in the midfield came to the forefront in 2013 as he appeared in 13 of the USA’s final 14 matches. The Norwegian-born Diskerud kick-started his career year with a CONCACAF Gold Cup title and played regularly during the final stretch of FIFA World Cup Qualifying as the U.S. secured a berth to the 2014 event in Brazil.
- Has played in seven and started four games for the U.S. in 2014, netting two goals.
- Scored his third career goal and first of 2014 in a 2-0 victory against Azerbaijan on the opening match of the Send-Off series on May 27. Second goal of the year came in a 1-1 draw against Ecuador on Oct. 10.
- Named to the U.S. MNT's 2014 FIFA World Cup roster
- Helped the USA win the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, contributing his second-career goal during a 5-1 win against El Salvador on July 21 to advance to the semifinals
- Scored his first MNT goal in second-half stoppage time to lead the USA to a 2-2 draw against ninth-ranked Russia on Nov. 14, 2012
- As a late substitute in the match against South Africa on Nov. 17, 2010, he earned an assist in his first cap when he set up Juan Agudelo's game-winning goal
- Made two appearances for the U-20s at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt