CAREER STATS GP/GS MIN G A Pts Y R W-L-T
2012 3/0 26 0 0 0 0 0 3-0-0
2013 8/5 411 2 0 4 0 0 8-0-0
2014 3/1 125 0 0 0 1 0 1-0-2
3-Year Totals 14/6 562 2 0 4 1 0 12-0-2
Technically gifted and a composed passer, Joe Corona brings another element to Jurgen Klinsmanns midfield options. The 24-year-old, who joined Club Tijuana's reserve team following one campaign at San Diego State, isn't afraid to go at goal and either shoot or dish. Getting his first taste of action for both the youth and senior National Teams in 2012, he also started to blossom in his club career as he helped Club Tijuana capture the 2012 Liga MX Torneo Apertura.
- Selected to the U.S. Men's National Team 30-man preliminary roster for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on May 12
- Scored two goals in five of the USA's six 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup matches, helping the U.S. claim its fifth tournament title
- A dual citizen of the United States and Mexico, he officially became tied to the U.S. team when he played in the 3-1 win against Guatemala in World Cup qualifying
- Posted a hat trick against Cuba in the first goup match of the 2012 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying tournament, and finished the event with four overall
- Played in the final that earned Tijuana promotion into the Mexican top division, then a year later in the game that clinche its first Liga MX Championship
- Had the opening goal in teh 2011 Torneo Clausura playoffs of the Liga Ascenso that helped lift Tijuana into Mexico's top flight
2014: Has started one and played in three games for the U.S. in 2014 ... Came in for Landon Donovan as a first-half sub in a 1-1 draw against Ecuador on Oct. 10 during Donovan's last game with the U.S. MNT ... Selected to the preliminary U.S. MNT's 30-man roster for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on May 12 ... 2013: Featured in five consecutive games for the U.S., starting four from July 5-12 ... During that stretch he scored his first two international goals against Cuba on July 13 and El Salvador on July 21 en route to helping the U.S. to its fifth CONCACAF Gold Cup title ... 2012: Made his full team debut as a reserve in the 5-1 win against Scotland on May 26 ... Got to be a part of U.S. history when he entered in the 89th minute of the USA's 1-0 win against Mexico on Aug. 15 at Estadio Azteca ... Replace Eddie Johnson to help finish off the 3-1 win against Guatemala on Oct. 16 that sealed the USA's place in the final round ... Under-23s: Started all three matches in group play of Olympic Qualifying ... Exploded for three goals in the 6-0 thrashing of Cuba in the opening match on March 22 ... Scored the third goal in the 3-3 draw against El Salvador on March 26 ... Made his U.S. U-23 debut when he played 90 minutes on Feb. 29, 2012, during a 2-0 victory against Mexico's U-23s in Frisco, Texas ... First Appearance: May 26, 2012, vs. Scotland ... First Goal: July 13, 2013, vs. Cuba.