MNT Jul 10, 2013
An amazing night for the USA's first visit to Portland since 1998 as the MNT rolled to a 6-1 win against Belize.Some of the notable
- The U.S. improved to a perfect 12-0-0 in Gold Cup openers. Overall, the USA moved to 7-2-2 this year.
- Six USA players made their Gold Cup debuts: Nick Rimando, Orozco, Joe Corona, Diskerud, Jose Torres and second-half substitution Brek Shea.
- With his start, the Norwegian-born Diskerud is now officially tied to the United States for his international career.
- Donovan made his 146th career appearance and is now 18 caps behind all-time leader Cobi Jones (164). Donovan also played in his team-high 29th career Gold Cup game.
- The 12 goals over the span of two games tied for the second most scored in consecutive matches in U.S. history. The record is 15, set in two games in 1993 against the Cayman Islands (8-1 W) and El Salvador (7-0 W). The U.S. scored 12 goals in two consecutive games in their first two home games in 1925 and 1926, both 6-1 victories against Canada.