YNT Jun 22, 2011
- Goalkeeper Kendall McIntosh has yet to give up a goal in a game he’s started in 2011, posting four shutouts in four starts. His lone goal allowed was a penalty kick after he entered the game against El Salvador on Feb. 22 as a sub.
- Esteban Rodriguez continued his streak of playing every minute of official competitions this year, with his 510 minutes from the qualifying tournament combining with 90 minutes in the World Cup opener.
- Rodriguez, Mobi Fehr and Alfred Koroma are the only players to appear in all 11 U.S. international matches in 2011.
- Alejandro Guido’s fifth-minute goal against the Czech Republic marked the second straight time that the U.S. has scored within five minutes of the opening whistle of the FIFA U-17 World Cup.
- With the win, the U.S. improved its record against European teams at the U-17 World Cup to 6-8-2.
- It was the first time the U.S. has won its opening game at the U-17 World Cup since 2005.
- The U.S. was the first team to post three goals against the Czech Republic since Turkey on Sept. 27, 2010, a 1-6 Czech loss.
- Sunday’s 3-0 win was the first shutout by a U.S. team in the opening game of the U-17 World Cup since 1991, when the U.S. topped Italy 1-0.
- The match against the Czechs was also just the fourth time in 49 games at the FIFA U-17 World Cup that the United States won by three or more goals.
- The U.S. also won the CONCACAF U-17 Championship game 3-0 against Canada on Feb. 27, with goals from Nate Smith, Andrew Oliver and Alfred Koroma.
- Cabrera’s lineup had four changes from that championship game, with Kellyn Acosta, Paul Arriola, Mobi Fehr and Alejandro Guido stepping into Sunday’s starting lineup.
- Both players on the U.S. roster born in 1995 – Arriola and Acosta – earned the start against the Czech Republic.
- Seven players representing U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs started the opening game.
- U.S. captain Marc Pelosi earned his 27th career cap on Saturday, adding to his team high.
- There are 18 players on the roster who lifted the 2011 CONCACAF U-17 Championship trophy in February.