- Clint Dempsey finished with a team-high five goals
- Carlos Bocanegra and Tim Howard finished with team-high 15 starts, the most appearances in a year in each of their careers
- Bocanegra became the 12th player in U.S. MNT history to earn 100 caps
- A total of 28 players made it at least one appearance under Klinsmann, including newcomers Fabian Johnson and Danny Williams
- Several of the age-eligible players for the 2012 Olympics earned significant playing time with the full team, and the first U-23 camp of the cycle is now complete.
With the competition now concluded, of course that means the award season is beginning! Coming soon will be voting for the Athlete of the Year and the 2011 Best of U.S. Soccer Awards.
And finally, the schedule is now set for the semifinal round of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The U.S. headlines Group A and is joined by Jamaica, Guatemala and Antigua and Barbuda, and competition begins in June of 2012.
It's been a year of transition for the U.S. Men's National Team, and 2012 promises to be as exciting as ever. We appreciate all the support!