MNT Mar 26, 2012
It was a busy weekend for the U.S. Men’s National Team players abroad, with the Old Firm derby in Scotland and goals and assists recorded in Denmark, Netherlands and Mexico. Here’s a quick recap of the action:
- Carlos Bocanegra and Maurice Edu both started against Celtic as Rangers won 3-2 at Ibrox Stadium. Bocanegra was sent off in the 88th minute for the foul that led to Celtic’s penalty and second goal.
- DaMarcus Beasley played 90 minutes for Puebla and scored the equalizing goal against Cruz Azul in the 1-1 tie. (Video)
- Jozy Altidore came off the bench at halftime to provide an assist in AZ Alkmaar’s 1-0 win against RKC Waalwijk, pushing his side back to the top of the Dutch Eredivisie by one point. (Video)
- Michael Parkhurst got on the scoresheet as he helped FC Nordsjaelland to a 2-0 win against Horsens in the Danish Superliga. His game-winning goal came in the 28th minute. (Video)
- Jermaine Jones went the distance for Schalke as the team beat Bayer Leverkusen 2-0 and snatched third place in the Bundesliga.