News Apr 14, 2014
Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
Sep 22, 2006
1. Three teams have won the Double by claiming the U.S. Open Cup title and MLS Cup in the same year. This year's final participants are two of those teams, which MLS side is the third?
2. Which MLS team has appeared in the most U.S. Open Cup finals?
3. Who scored the golden goal in the 2004 U.S. Open Cup Final, which may have been one of the last golden goals scored in the world because FIFA changed their overtime rules earlier that year?
4. Which player currently on one of the finalists' rosters put the game-winner in the back of the net in the 2000 U.S. Open Cup final when the Fire beat the Miami Fusion 2-0?
National Soccer Hall of Fame bonus question: Who was the last team to win back-to-back U.S. Open Cup championships?
1. D.C. United
2. Chicago Fire (4 not including 2006)
3. Igor Simutenkov
4. Tyrone Marshall on an own goal
Bonus: New York Pancyprian-Freedom in 1982 and 1983.