National Candidates Declaration Form and Information for 2008 National Certification Seminar
All grade 5 referees who wish to attend the 2008 National Certification and Professional League Referee Training Seminar must file a Declaration of National Candidacy Form to announce their intention. The form must be completed by the referee and signed by the SRA. The form can be submitted to the National Office any time between December 1 and December 30 this year.
• Download Declaration Form (.pdf)
• Candidates must have a State 1 (Grade 5) grade date of January 1, 2006 or earlier to be eligible.
• Candidates must attain the age of 23 before January 1, 2008.
• Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. Proof of a candidate’s residency status must be sent with the declaration form.
• Proof of residency status can be a U.S. Birth Certificates, copies of naturalization papers and/ or a copy of a permanent resident card (Referees who are being interviewed for a change in status are not eligible. Referees here on student visas are not eligible. For other categories, check with our office).
Candidates must attend a scheduled Regional/Professional League Referee Training Seminar and pass the physical fitness test at that time to qualify for professional league assignments. The schedule of Regional/Professional clinics will be posted on the web in December. Attendance at a Regional/Pro clinic and successful completion of the physical fitness test must be completed before the national candidacy declaration is complete.
The names of candidates will be posted on the web along with a notation about the status of their application. Referees will not be assigned to professional league matches until all requirements are met. Inclusion on the list of National Candidates posted on the web page does not guarantee assignment to any particular level. Assignments are always based on ability and availability.
For a full description of the criteria for becoming a National Referee, please see the Referee Administrative Handbook at ussoccer.com.