CHICAGO (Thursday, December 20, 2001) - The United States Soccer Federation National Program for Referee Development has scheduled eleven Regional/Professional Referee Training Seminars for all referees interested in officiating at the professional level this season.
Regional Professional Clinic Administration
- The National Program for Referee Development will be responsible for the instructor’s air and/or ground transportation to the hosting city. Also, the hotel, meals and per diem for the instructor, as per United States Soccer Federation policy.
- The State will be responsible for meeting room facilities, audio/visual equipment and securing the running track.
- Site Coordinators will be responsible for organizing transportation to and from the site of the instructional staff.
- Participants will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the clinic.
- Regional/Professional seminars are not open clinics. Participation will be by invitation only.
2002 Regional/Professional Seminars
1. National Program and the Professional Leagues
2. Lessons learned from assessment and assignment
3. Referee, Assistant Referee and 4th Officials - Duties and Responsibilities
Guide for 4th Officials booklet – Review
4. Points of Emphasis 2002:
- Serious Foul Play/Violent Conduct
- Persistent Infringement
5. 2001 Overview and Analysis of Duties and Responsibilities
6. Distribution of Professional Material
- Professional Division Point System 2002
- Fitness Test Requirements Policy
- 2002 USL and WUSA Referee Handbook Materials
- Position Paper 2002 "Displaying of Cards/Violation of Law 14 and misconduct
- Player Injured and Bleeding
- Striking and Throwing Document
7. National Physical Fitness Test
2002 Regional/Professional League Seminars
|February 2, 2002||Ft. Lauderdale, FL||Jozsef Michna||(561) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|March 2, 2002||DCV/Maryland||Scott Meyer, SRA||(703) email@example.com|
|Mike Soto,SDI||(301) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|March 9, 2002||California South||Amin Shakill, SDI||(949) email@example.com|
|March 16, 2002||Atlanta||Tom Frazee, SDI||(770) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|March 23, 2002||Charlotte, NC||John Bouda, SRA||(828) email@example.com|
|April 6, 2002||Seattle, WA||Chris Barnes, SRA||(206) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|April 7, 2002||Columbus, OH||Ken Baldeosingh, SRA||(937) email@example.com|
|April 13, 2002||Worcester, MA||Al Cosentino, SRA||(978) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|April 13, 2002||Dallas, TX||Fred Hiler, SDI||(817) email@example.com|
|April 13, 2002||NY/NJ||Boris Lazari, SRA||(516) 867-5105||B.Lazzrap@aol.com|
|Guido Guazzoni, SRA||(732) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|April 20, 2002||Chicago, IL||Bob Balciunas, SRA||(708) 246-2422||BobBalas@cs.com|