October Referees of the Week: 2012-13 Development Academy Season
Throughout the U.S. Soccer Development Academy season, referees are recognized on a weekly basis for their outstanding performance officiating U-15/16 and U-17/18 matches.
Referees Oscar Rivas, Sergio Gonzalez, Esteban Rosano and Eric Tattersall received weekly honors in October as the 2012-13 Development Academy season completed its second month:
Week 8: Eric Tattersall earned Referee of the Week honors for his performance during a U-17/18 match between Crew Soccer Academy and St. Louis Scott Gallagher Metro. The Grade 6 referee works in the Pennsylvania-West region and lives in Ohio. He attended the 2011 Spring Showcase and worked USL PRO games this past summer.
Week 7: Esteban Rosano earned Referee of the Week for overseeing a U-15/16 match between Chargers Soccer Club and Charlotte Soccer Academy. The 33-year-old Grade 5 referee from Florida worked his 10th Academy match and is attending the 2012 Winter Showcase. He has worked USL PRO, Premier Development League and youth national team games.
Week 6: Sergio Gonzalez earned Referee of the Week honors for his performance during the U-17/18 match between D.C. United and Baltimore Bays Chelsea – a significant local derby in the Atlantic Division. Through that match, the 21-year-old Grade 6 referee from Maryland worked in seven Academy matches since March. Gonzalez attended the 2009 Spring Showcase in Sarasota, Fla., and was a linesman in the W-League.
Week 5: Oscar Rivas was named Referee of the Week for working the U-17/18 match between Arsenal FC and the Portland Timbers. The 33-year-old Grade 6 referee from Oregon worked in his seventh Academy match, with many of his previous Academy duties taking place in the 2008-09 Academy season. Rivas also works MLS Reserve League, PDL and Youth National Team games.
2012-13 Development Academy Referees of the Week
- Week 8 (weekend of Oct. 27-28): Eric Tattersall (Pennsylvania – West)
- Week 7 (weekend of Oct. 20-21): Esteban Rosano (Florida)
- Week 6 (weekend of Oct. 13-14): Sergio Gonzalez (Maryland)
- Week 5 (weekend of Oct. 6-7): Oscar Rivas (Oregon)
- Week 4 (weekend of Sept. 27-28): Joshua Brooks (Kentucky)
- Week 3 (weekend of Sept. 22-23): Shane Danbeli (California – South)
- Week 2 (weekend of Sept. 15-16): Jordan Shaw (North Carolina)
- Week 1 (weekend of Sept. 8-9): Mohammad Samadpour (Maryland)