MLS Cup Trivia
Think you know your soccer trivia? We’ll be the judge of that. Pop quiz: who the heck is Jack Marshall? Even the trivia buffs in the U.S. Soccer Communications Department would be hard-pressed to tell you that one Jack Marshall received his one and only cap way back in 1926. Okay, that was pretty much impossible. They get easier.
There have been some great MLS Cups, and some just okay MLS Cups, but now that it’s Year Nine of the league, there’s just enough history that you might have forgotten say…which team won the title in 2001. (The answer is San Jose, dummy.) If you didn’t get that one, good luck with these:
1. Who is the only player to score a goal in consecutive MLS Cups?
2. Which team has played in all three overtime games in MLS Cup history?
3. Which three players have two career goals in MLS Cup matches?
4. Which four goalkeepers have posted shutouts in MLS Cup?
(scroll down for answers)
1. Tony Sanneh.
2. Los Angeles Galaxy.
3. Sanneh, Jaime Moreno and Landon Donovan.
4. Tony Meola, Zach Thornton, Tom Presthus, Kevin Hartman.