U.S. Soccer Launches Digital Magazine and Facebook Apps in Lead-Up to U.S. Men’s National Team World Cup Qualifier Against Honduras
Fans Can Download U.S. Soccer’s New Digital Magazine App “Anthem” and
Project the MNT’s Starting Lineup with Supporters XI App on Facebook
CHICAGO (Feb. 5, 2013) — U.S. Soccer has launched new Digital Magazine and Facebook apps to provide fans with new and exclusive content as the U.S. Men’s National Team prepares for its opening match of the Final Round of 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying against Honduras.
With the team already in San Pedro Sula getting ready to face Honduras on Wednesday at 3 p.m. CT (live on beIN Sport), fans can download U.S. Soccer’s new digital magazine app, “Anthem.” Currently available for iPad and iPhone with an Android version coming soon, the first issue of “Anthem” is free and includes an inside look at the U.S. roster for the opening qualifier, an interactive Hexagonal schedule, coaching staff bios, a gallery of photos and a look-back on the 2009 qualifier in Honduras and the historic day the United States qualified for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Download: Anthem (Issue 1)
For the first time, fans can also share their preferred starting lineup on U.S. Soccer’s interactive Facebook app “Supporters XI.” Fans can select the starters from Jurgen Klinsmann’s roster of 24 players, putting them in one of 10 different formations, and share their lineup with friends on Facebook ahead of Wednesday’s game.
- Supporters XI: Pick Your Starting Lineup for Wednesday’s Game
As always, ussoccer.com is providing fans with the most comprehensive coverage of the U.S. Men’s National Team’s journey with written features, videos and behind-the-scenes information. For exclusive photos, follow U.S. Soccer on Instagram.
Fans are encouraged to engage fellow supporters by using #USAvHON when talking about the match against Honduras on Wednesday and can follow the match live on ussoccer.com’s MatchTracker and via Twitter @ussoccer.
The United States holds a 12-3-3 lifetime record against Honduras in a series dating back to 1965. Both the United States and Honduras earned a place in the Final Round by virtue of winning their respective Semifinal Round groups. The Catrachos qualified for the 2010 FIFA World Cup after only losing once at home in nine qualifiers throughout the cycle. That lone loss came against the United States.
The U.S. and Honduras are part of the six-team Hexagonal along with Costa Rica, Jamaica, Mexico and Panama. The 10-game, round robin format runs from Feb. 6-Oct.10. The top three teams will automatically advance to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, while the fourth-place team will compete in a two-leg playoff against the champion from the Oceania Confederation.
Digital Magazine – Anthem (Issue 1)
- Available for iPad and iPhone (Android availability soon)
- New issues will be provided in advance of MNT and WNT matches, with approximately 12 total, including a special edition for the Gold Cup
- First issues will be free, with future issues available for a small fee
- Supporters Club members will have free access to all issues
- In-App subscriptions will be available with future releases
- Future issues will incorporate video, audio, touch, location, and other interactive elements.
- App can be downloaded here
- Available on U.S. Soccer’s Facebook Page
- Fans will be able to select their starting lineup ahead of each Men’s and Women’s National Team game in 2013
- Pick from 10 different formations to craft your starting XI.
- Share with friends via Facebook.
- Pick your starting lineup here
- We are Here for Three Points
- Honduras is Ready to Roll
- Blanket Coverage
- Drama in San Pedro Sula
- Fit to Be Cap-Tied
- Jurgen Klinsmann Discusses Roster
- Studio 90: MNT Arrives in Miami
- MNT vs. Honduras: Highlights – Oct. 10, 2009
- MNT vs. Honduras: Behind the Scenes – Oct. 10, 2009