U.S. Soccer to Announce All-Time Best XI for Men’s and Women’s National Teams to Close Out Centennial Year
CHICAGO (Dec. 10, 2013) – To close out its Centennial celebration, U.S. Soccer will announce the All-Time Best XI for the Men’s and Women’s National Teams next week.
In an effort to create a fair and reasonable process to determine the All-Time Best XI, U.S. Soccer appointed a Committee of soccer historians and former players, coaches and administrators at the National Team level.
The Committee determined the list of eligible players for selection, criteria to be considered by the voters, and the list of Voters. The panel of Voters is comprised of former players, coaches and administrators, as well as media members.
- U.S. MNT Players Eligible for Selection to All-Time Best XI
- U.S. WNT Players Eligible for Selection to All-Time Best XI
Fans are encouraged to share their thoughts on the All-Time Best XI for the Men’s and Women’s National Teams on ussoccer.com’s social media platforms, using the hashtag #USSFBestXI.
The criteria the Voters will consider in determining their All-Time Best XI:
1) Starter or key contributor to overall success on the field, especially in World Cups.
2) Longevity, overall performance and talent on the field with the U.S. Men’s or Women’s National Team.
3) Impact on the legacy of the U.S. Men’s or Women’s National Team program.
The All-Time Best XI for the Women’s National Team will be named on Dec. 19, followed by the Men’s National Team Best XI on Dec. 20.