IN FOCUS: TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Trinidad and Tobago Football Association
Founded: 1908 (Joined FIFA in 1964)
Head Coach: Randy Waldrum
FIFA World Ranking: 86
CONCACAF Ranking: 9
FIFA World Cups: None
Best FIFA World Cup Finish: None
Trinidad & Tobago Women’s National Team Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Kimika Forbes, Afiyah Matthias, Tinesha Palmer
DEFENDERS (8): Ayanna Russell, Rhea Belgrave, Arin King, Danielle Blair, Liana Hinds, Brianna Ryce, Khadisha Debessette, Lauren Hutchinson
MIDFIELDERS (4): Khadidra Debessette, Maylee Attin Johnson, Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes
FORWARDS (5): Mariah Shade, Dernelle Mascall, Tasha St. Louis, Ahkeela Mollon, Kennya Cordner
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO ROSTER NOTES
- Trinidad & Tobago qualified for the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship by defeating Jamaica 1-0 in the final of the inaugural Caribbean Football Union Women’s Caribbean Cup in Port of Spain.
- Mariah Shade – named the tournament’s Most Valuable Player – struck for the lone goal in the eighth minute.
- The Soca Princesses completed the final round with a perfect 4-0-0 record, winning Group B while scoring 20 goals and conceding none.
- Trinidad & Tobago’s head coach is Randy Waldrum, one of the top college coaches in U.S. history who won 399 games spanning 24 seasons at Tulsa, Baylor and Notre Dame. He won two NCAA titles with the Fighting Irish.
- Waldrum is currently the head coach of the Houston Dash in the NWSL, where he coaches U.S. players Whitney Engen and Meghan Klingenberg.
- Waldrum also coached the U.S. Under-23 WNT in 2012-2013.
USA VS. TRINIDAD & TOBAGO:
- The U.S. WNT has played seven matches in its history against Trinidad & Tobago with four of them coming in CONCACAF qualifying events. The USA is 7-0-0 in those games.
- The most recent meeting came during the Olympic qualifying tournament in 2004, a 7-0 victory in San Jose, Costa Rica, that featured a hat trick from Shannon Boxx.
- The last meeting in Women’s World Cup qualifying came in 2003 during a challenging 3-0 victory in Fullerton, Calif. on goals from Brandi Chastain, Cindy Parlow and Tiffeny Milbrett.
- Trinidad & Tobago’s best result against the USA came in 1994, a 3-1 U.S. victory in Scarborough, Tobago, in the only match between the two countries that was played in Trinidad & Tobago.
- The USA has gotten into double-figures in goals three times against Trinidad & Tobago; at the first CONCACAF Women’s World Cup qualifying tournament in 1991 (10-0), at the qualifying tournament for the 1995 Women’s World Cup in Montreal, Canada (11-1 in a match that featured a brawl) and at the CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup in 2000 (11-0 in a tournament that was not a qualifying event).