USA vs. Honduras
2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying – Final Round
March 24, 2017
Avaya Stadium; San Jose, Calif.
Live Broadcast: 10:30 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMas, UDN
Today’s U.S. MNT Starting XI vs. Honduras: 1-Tim Howard, 2-Jorge Villafaña, 3-Omar Gonzalez, 4-Michael Bradley (capt.), 6-John Brooks, 8-Clint Dempsey, 9-Sebastian Lletget, 10-Christian Pulisic, 15-Darlington Nagbe, 17-Jozy Altidore, 20-Geoff Cameron
Substitutes: 12-David Bingham, 22-Nick Rimando, 5-Matt Besler, 7-DaMarcus Beasley, 11-Alejandro Bedoya, 13-Kellyn Acosta, 14-Tim Ream, 16-Sacha Kljestan, 18-Chris Wondolowski, 19-Graham Zusi, 21-Walker Zimmerman, 23-Dax McCarty
- The veteran trio of Geoff Cameron, Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard all return to the MNT lineup after recovering from recent injuries.
- Cleared to come back after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat last August, Dempsey makes his first MNT appearance since the Copa America Third-Place Match vs. Colombia on June 25, 2016.
- Howard makes his first MNT appearance since suffering a right adductor fracture in the USA’s World Cup Qualifying match vs. Mexico on Nov. 11, 2016.
- After coming back from an MCL strain suffered while playing with Stoke City, Cameron returns to the MNT lineup for the first time since Oct. 7, 2016 at Cuba. The veteran defender makes his 50th MNT appearance tonight vs. Honduras.
- After making their MNT debuts on Jan. 29 vs. Serbia, midfielder Sebastian Lletget and defender Jorge Villafaña earn their first World Cup Qualifying caps tonight.
- Dempsey (four) and Jozy Altidore (two) have both previously scored against Honduras, with each tallying once in World Cup Qualifying against Los Catrachos. Dempsey scored in the MNT’s 2-1 defeat at Honduras on Feb. 6, 2013, while Altidore found the lone goal in a 1-0 win on June 18, 2013.
- Sitting first and second on the MNT’s all-time World Cup Qualifying goals list, Altidore (16) and Dempsey (14) start up top together for the 17th time. When paired together, the duo has combined for 19 goals, with five of those coming against Honduras (Dempsey 4, Altidore 1).
- Tonight’s match marks the sixth time that John Brooks and Omar Gonzalez will partner in the center of a four-man back line.
- Captain Michael Bradley makes his 129th international appearance tonight.
- Almost a year to the date of his MNT debut, Christian Pulisic earns his fifth start and 12th international cap tonight.
- Darlington Nagbe earns his first World Cup Qualifying appearance since March 25, 2016 at Guatemala.
- The MNT Starting XI combines for 175 caps and 39 goals all-time in World Cup Qualifying: Clint Dempsey (36/14), Jozy Altidore (34/16), Tim Howard (33/0), Michael Bradley (31/5), Geoff Cameron (19/2), Omar Gonzalez (12/0), Christian Pulisic (5/2), Darlington Nagbe (3/0), John Brooks (2/0).
- The U.S. Men’s National Team holds a 15-4-4 all-time advantage against Honduras and has gone 12-2-3 on U.S. soil.
- The MNT has gone 5-2-1 against Los Catrachos in World Cup Qualifying.
- Bruce Arena managed against Honduras six times during his first tenure as MNT manager, going 5-1-0.