- U.S. National Team: MNT
- Position: Midfielder
- Date Of Birth: July 9, 1990
- Height: 5-10
- Weight: 165
- Hometown: Chula Vista, Calif.
- Previous National Teams: U-23 MNT
- Club: Club Tijuana (Mexico)
Technically gifted and a composed passer, Joe Corona brings another element to Jurgen Klinsmanns midfield options. the 22-year-old, who joined Club Tijuana's reserve team following one campaign at San Jose State, isn't afraid to go at goal and eith shoot or dish. getting his first tast of action for both youth and senior National Teams in 2012, he also started to blossom in his club career as he helped Club Tijuana capture the 2012 Liga MX Torneo Apetura.
- A dual citizen of the United States and Mexico, he officially became tied to the U.S. team when he played n teh 3-1 win against Guatemala in World Cup qualifying
- Posted a hat trick against Cuba in the first goup match of the 2012 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying tournament, and finished the event with four overall
- Played in the final that earned Tijuana promotion into the Mexican top division, then a year later in the game that clinche its first Liga MX Championship
- Had the opening goal in teh 2011 Torneo Clausura playoffs of the Liga Ascenso that helped lift Tijuana into Mexico's top flight
2012: Made his full team debut as a reserve in teh 5-1 win against Scotland on May 26 ... Got to be a part of U.S. history when he entered in teh 89th minute of the USA's 1-0 win against Mexico on Aug. 15 at Estadio Azteca ... Replace Eddie Johnson to help finish off the 3-1 win against Guatemala on Oct. 16 that sealed the USA's place in the final round ... Under-23s: Started all three matches in group play of Olympic Qualifying ... Exploded for three goals in teh 6-0 thrashing of Cuba in the opening match on March 22 ... Scored the third goal in the 3-3 draw against El Salvador on March 26 ... Made his U.S. U-23 debut when he played 90 minutes on Feb. 29, 2012, during a 2-0 victory against Mexico's U-23s in Frisco, Texas ... First Appearance: May 26, 2012, vs. Scotland ... First Goal: None