- U.S. National Team: MNT
- Position: Defender
- Date Of Birth: March 29, 1990
- Height: 6-1
- Weight: 180
- Hometown: Frankfurt, Germany
- Club: Nuremberg (Germany)
The son of an American serviceman and a German mother, the dual citizen has excited fans with his decision to represent the United States at the international level. Speedy and adventurous, he has demonstrated versatility by occupying the flank defender role on either the right or left side and remains a bright prospect for the future. With a new contract in hand, Chandler has become an important contributor and regular starter at Nürnberg in the German Bundesliga.
- Earned Man of the Match honors in the Oct. 11 game against Ecuador
- Started the last five matches of the year at left back
- Made his debut for the U.S. National Team when he came in for the entire second half during the 1-1 draw with Argentina on March 26, 2011
- Made his debut for Nürnberg on Jan. 15, 2011, and scored his first goal on Feb. 12 against VfB Stuttgart
2012: Played 90 minutes in the 2-2 draw against ninth-ranked Russia on Nov. 14 in Krasnodar, his only appearance for the U.S. in 2012 ... 2011: Started seven of his eight games for the U.S. … Earned Man of the Match honors for his performance against Ecuador on Oct. 11 … Played the full 90 minutes for the first time when the U.S. faced Costa Rica on Sept. 2 … First Appearance: March 26, 2011, vs. Argentina … First Goal: None.
2012: Continued to cement his place in the Nürnberg defense, starting every game in the first half of the season ... Scored his side's lone goal in teh 4-1 loss to Hannover on Sept. 26 ... 2011: Went the distance in 17 of the 18 Nürnberg games in all competitions in which he featured … Registered an assist on his side’s only goal in the 2-1 loss against Wolfsburg … 2010-11: Signed a new two-and-a-half year contract in March 2011 … Played the first half of the season with the reserve team before making his senior debut on Jan. 15, 2011 … Joined FC Nürnberg from Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer of 2010.
Born in Frankfurt, Germany, to an African-American father and German mother … Spent three years living in New York as a child … Represented Germany at the U-15 level.