How does the U.S. Soccer Training Center Program differ from ODP, id2, and other identification programs?
- U.S. Soccer Training Centers are run directly by U.S. Soccer Federation. Training Centers are used to identify players for the youth national team program. There is no cost to the participants. Please see our information page for additional details.
Are there age or gender limitations for attending U.S. Soccer Training Centers?
- No. Each Training Center will specify the gender and age group, but the program caters to both genders and a span of ages from 11 or 12 years old to 18 or 19 years old.
Is the U.S. Soccer Training Center a try out?
- No. While good performances at Training Centers can lead to selection for a national team player pool, the session is not a formal try out. The Training Center is a way for U.S. Soccer technical staff to track development of top players in different areas across the country.
I attended one U.S. Soccer Training Center, but was not invited to the next session. Am I no longer in consideration for the youth national team program?
- If you were not invited to a subsequent U.S. Soccer Training Center, this does not mean you are no longer in consideration for the youth national team program. Each Training Center has a different focus. We encourage athletes to continue to work hard in the club environment.
Will feedback be provided following the U.S. Soccer Training Center?
- No direct feedback will be provided to participants. If a player's coach attends, (coaches are always encouraged to attend) he or she will be the best resource for feedback regarding performance as compared to his or her peers.
What is the next step?
- Performance in the club environment is the tool U.S. Soccer utilizes for player evaluation.
If a Training Center is postponed how will players be notified?
- Players and coaches will be contacted by email as soon as a Training Center session is postponed. The reschedule of dates and times will be distributed by email as well.
Are parents allowed to attend?
- Parents are not allowed to attend and view the U.S. Soccer Training Center. Only coaches may attend the session.
Can club coaches recruit during session?
- Recruiting is strictly prohibited at U.S. Soccer Training Centers.
How often are U.S. Soccer Training Centers held?
- Depending on your area, U.S. Soccer Training Centers are typically held every one to every three months. A calendar of past and upcoming training centers can be found here.
What should invited players wear?
- Players should wear the a white training top, dark shorts, and white socks.